Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Video effects..............(Please??) - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
beatbreaker1 wrote :
So the only way to get a smooth transition is an automatically timed transition?? Really?? With ME you click the smoothing option in the setting and the transitions aren't jerky and Im sure you already know this. As for using a timed transition that's not an option for me...........

We could apply some optional smoothing to the video crossfader I guess. Personally I prefer an automatic timed transition - I have mine set up to transition between decks when my crossfader reaches a certain %age, and to time that crossfade to take place in beats rather than ms. I hate having it tied to the audio crossfader, it's a real pain for mixes of more than a few seconds IMHO and I hate manually transitioning because, well, I never remember to do it!

beatbreaker1 wrote :
As for no script needed yes this is true to an extent. ME has a sequencer and its pretty cool. the amount if things that can be done with that alone are badass but again you already know about the sequencer and you nearly had 1 made a few years ago but I quit asking about and you've never mentioned it again...............

Finishing the sequencer is still on my to-do list, and it does still get a bit of attention from time to time. There were a few issues preventing me from finishing it and when I get a chance I can address those again.

beatbreaker1 wrote :
And you've proven my point. They do need more then just you when it comes to plugin development because life happens. We need smoother, better looking video effects

I'm not sold on this huge need for masses of video effects personally. I'm all video and I very rarely find myself using them. I get that some people use them heavily though, and I agree more would be nice. They will come, you just have to have some patience. Failing that you could always pay a software developer to create them for you.

beatbreaker1 wrote :
and this includes QTZ support which is offered in every other video playing software out there and has been for quite some time now yet here we are with nothing still. Supporting QTZ files alone would help out a ton!!

I agree QTZ support would be good for Mac users.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 9:25 am
mikcerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What about a "Forward / Reverse" effect like we had in 7?

Posted Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 1:20 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thats just the dump action isn't it?

Posted Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 2:17 pm
Man yall got me excited for nothing......

Posted Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 10:26 pm
Any update on Video Effects? I'd pay money to get some more video effects to glitch, and distort the music videos that I'm DJ-ing. Anything like "Spectral", "Negative", and "Colorize" - those are the most helpful for distorting, or giving some visual interest to -music videos that everyone has seen before. Some effects I'd like to see:

1. VHS effect, with the ability to add random amounts of tape-distortion
2. Horizontal segment glitches
3. Video looks like it's on an old school TV (maybe console TV border overlay, with B/W effect)
4. frame-lock effect
5. randomized x-y distortions
6. BPM synchronized strobing of the video (on the beat, 1/2 the beat, and 1/4, 1/8, etc)

And the ability to stack video effects (within reason). Maybe add a video card processor load monitor so I don't instantly crash my computer? :-D

Posted Mon 19 Nov 18 @ 3:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)