Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Where Did the Overloop SOund Effect Go?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm sorta new at this. Just upgraded to 8, and I don't see my favorite effect in the list, even though it's still in my plugins folder. Can I use it in 8? Is it called something else and I just have to tweak it a bunch manually?

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 5:24 pm
Some effects are not compatible with 8, and will not be available from within 8 to prevent any issues which may arise from that.

From what I can find, overloop is an extremely old plugin so it's not surprising that it doesn't work.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 6:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It just needs the dll renaming eg overloop.dll to overloop1.dll

It works, the only fault I've found is things go bad when the beatgrid effect is used at the same time.
I'm fan of using it as a instant loop sampler

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 7:27 pm
Just a heads up here. Yes you can rename some of the V7 effects and they may indeed work in version 8.

That being said, they do not show (without renaming them) for a reason. That reason being that they were found to be buggy in some way during testing with the new V8 sound engine. This maybe minor in some cases- so feel free to follow the advice above but i strongly suggest some testing before going live and you do all this at your own risk.

The developers put the fail safe in place on the old plugins for a reason.

Posted Sun 18 Jan 15 @ 10:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)