Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How can you make Virtual DJ8 recognize an iTunes Playlist file from an external hard drive?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I got the new Macbook Pro and it has a 250gb flash drive. So I had to purchase an external hard drive because my music files would definitely not fit on this laptop. So I figured out how to make iTunes use my playlist from an external hard drive, now my question is how do you get Virtual DJ 8 to recognize it? Thank you for your help!

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 10:37 am
SO SPEAKING TO A VIRTUAL DJ CUSTOMER SERVICE REP THIS IS THE SOLUTION.

OPEN UP ITUNES, CLICK ON ITUNES ON THE TOP LEFT CORNER, THEN CLICK ON PREFERENCES. NOW CLICK ON THE "ADVANCED" TAB. WHERE IT SAYS "ITUNES MEDIA FOLDER LOCATION" HIGHLIGHT THE INFORMATION INSIDE THE BOX. FOR EXAMPLE ON MY END IT SAYS "/Volumes/DEEJAY RID MUSIC & PHOTOGRAPHY/iTunes/iTunes Media" WHICH IS MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE AND WHERE I HAD MY ITUNES PLAYLIST FILE LOCATED. ANYWAYS, NOW COPY THAT TEXT.

NEXT OPEN VIRTUAL DJ 8. CLICK ON THE SETTINGS BUTTON ON THE TOP LEFT SIDE, NOW CLICK ON THE OPTIONS TAB. NOW ON THE RIGHT SIDE CHECK MARK "SHOW ADVANCED OPTIONS". NOW IN THE SEARCH BOX TYPE ITUNES AND IT WILL SEARCH FOR ALL THE ITUNES OPTIONS AVAILABLE. NEXT CLICK ON "ITUNESDATABASEFILE" AND ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THAT THERE IS A BOX WHERE YOU CAN EDIT THE TEXT. NOW DELETE WHATEVER IS IN THAT FIELD AND THEN PASTE THE INFORMATION YOU COPIED EARLIER. BUT YOU ARE GOING TO EDIT THE INFORMATION TOWARDS THE END. INSTEAD OF IT SAYING "/Volumes/DEEJAY RID MUSIC & PHOTOGRAPHY/iTunes/iTunes Media" YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE THE LAST PART TO SAY "/Volumes/DEEJAY RID MUSIC & PHOTOGRAPHY/iTunes/iTunes Library.xml. THEN YOU JUST CLOSE THAT SCREEN AND THEN CLICK ON THE ITUNES TAB OF VIRTUAL DJ 8 TO SEE IF YOU CAN NOW VIEW YOUR ITUNES PLAY LISTS. THANKS GUYS! HOPE THIS HELPS!

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 12:29 pm
I ALSO TOLD THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT THAT HOPEFULLY ON THE NEXT UPDATE THEY CAN ADD A BROWSE OPTION TO FIX THIS IN A EASIER MANNER. I HOPE THEY LISTEN.

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 12:33 pm
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
All caps -- sounds like good advice, but when SHOUTED, loses credibility.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 11:16 am
If you're an iTunes user whose appetite for music, movies, and podcasts is outstripping the capacity of your computer, it might be a good time to think about offloading that library to an external hard drive or a separate internal drive. If you do it right, the process is relatively simple, although the transfer time could take an hour or more, depending on the size of your collection.

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 4:15 am
SLOWMO1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
How can I get virtual dj8 to display my iTunes library to show genres, artists,albums using PC OR MAC

Posted Sun 15 Mar 15 @ 11:57 pm
I have my iTunes library on an external drive and i have added the location to Virtual DJ 8 (mac)
On the left side I do see the playlist so this seems fine. However when i open a playlist, all files have a 'missing file icon' in front of them and i can't load any of them
Inside iTunes i can play all music without any problems. Does anyone know how to fix this?

=== FIXED ====
Followed these instructions and this fixed the problem:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/137376/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/VDJ_Can_t_find_Songs___HELP_.html

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 4:12 pm
AWESOME! Thank you so much, you totally solved this issue for me!

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 11:29 am
djrage70ControlleristMember since 2012
It worked for me with no issues. Easy as pie! Thanks!

Posted Sat 08 Oct 16 @ 4:28 pm
bigrayPRO InfinityMember since 2010
How can I activate the beat wave display on my virtual dj 8 infinity? I have the dark hd skin but when I play a track, no beat waves show on the too.

Thank you,

Posted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 12:54 am
@bigray:
Please open a new topic for your question and don't hijack this one.
thanks

Posted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 5:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)