Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: AMD chips and VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 4:20 am
working well for me have a AMD R9 280 but intel i7 cpu

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 5:19 am
ok, i have the same sort of thing on my laptop.
but I'm trying to find out if the AMD A8-6600K Black Edition APU (Accelerated Processing Unit) is capable of running VDJ, cause they're a heck of a lot cheaper than the pc's with intel cpu's

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 5:48 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
My Desktop system is a AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition with a ATI Radeon 4850.
You see, a little bit of an older system, but VDJ 8 is working fine.

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 8:36 am
hello raypitman!
Can give eventuelly a another Problem with the AMD Chips and your Reloop Neon Controller,why?

Reloop does not Offiziel Support PC/Notebooks with AMD Chips

Can give the Problem but must not,some VDJ User works fine with AMD Chips and Reloop Equipment,others not

Iself have had for some Time Problems with the Reloop Play Soundcard and my old Fuji Siemens Amilo Notebook with AMD Athlon Chip,with my IBM T61 Thinkpad with Intel Dualcore all are at best.

greetings,Dirk

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 9:15 am
Thanks Dirk(& the rest of the guys) for the info. But as it's only little Reloop Neon I'll take the risk.

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 10:18 am
I am on the verge of buying a new laptop with an i7-4710mq CPU and an AMD Firepro m5100 GPU chip. The Nvidia alternative for a similar price shows substantially inferior performance on all the comparison sites.

From this oldish-thread it appears that AMD graphics chip work fine with VDJ 8. And since in some cases, like this one, they give more bang for the buck vs. Nvidia.

But the system requirements for VDJ8 (and recommended specs too) just mention "ATI or Nvidia" for running video. But I believe ATI is an old name and was dropped a few years ago by AMD, which bought ATI in 2006. Wouldn't be an improvement if it were changed to "AMD or Nvidia"?

To some that may be picky picky, but until I looked it up I didn't know that "ATI" in the system requirements for video meant that AMD was fine too.

Posted Sat 18 Jul 15 @ 9:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)