Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SOftware not picking up correct OS version

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there - I've recently upgraded my Mac OS to OS X 10.10 (and just now to 10.10.1)

Trying to install Virtual DJ LE but keeps coming up saying my OS is too old, requires at least 10.5

My OS is clearly way beyond the required level needed. Anyone else experienced this ?

I'm no tech guy, so hopefully I'm being an idiot thinking the Virtual DJ software is reading 10.10 as 10.1......... ??

Posted Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 7:33 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
That is entirely possible. What version of VDJ LE are you trying to run? (If you are running V7, what version of V7 specifically?)

You are entitled to the latest version of VDJ 7 LE, which is 7.4.2, which runs on Yosemite and it's updates just fine.

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 8:38 am
The version on the CD that came with the midi controller is Version 7 (6.1.2 to be exact).

I've also tried downloading from the VDJ website, but the serial number gives me a licence that's linked to the same version.

I did note in the FAQ's that it's confirmed that V7 and V8 work with Yosemite 10.10 - no mention of V6, though.

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 4:22 pm
Apologies, I meant V6 not V7

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 4:23 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your post earlier - have now had a response to my ticket confirming that V6 is not compatible with OS X 10.10

Have to upgrade to VDJ8 Plus - now just hope the controller will be compatible !

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 9:51 pm
I have the same problem, and i can't find the solution!!!

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 6:21 pm
VCow22Home userMember since 2015
I'm in the same boat as well. My girlfriend bought Virtual DJ version 7.0.2 for me for Xmas and I'm now getting around to installing it.

I have Yosemite 10.10.1, but when I try to install I get the following:

"Your mac is too old. The latest version of VirtualDJ needs MacOS X 10.5 or higher. Please contact us if you need an older version still compatible with 10.4."

FishFingers, if you happen to see our posts, would you mind letting us know if you resolved the issue? When you say you upgraded to VDJ8 Plus, do you mean you downloaded an update or you actually exchanged the older version you purchased for a newer version?

Thanks,
VCow

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 11:07 am
I am receiving the same message on my mac book air: "The latest version of VirtualDJ needs MacOS X 10.5 or higher. Please contact us if you need an older version still compatible with 10.4". I am running on the new OS X El Capitan, which is version 10.11. I downloaded Virtual DJC 6.1.2 from this website with my serial number, and have not been able to figure out how to update to version 8. Do I have to pay, or is there a different way because I have already brought the product. And if I do have to update, is the new version compatible with the "Hercules MK4" controller? Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 1:15 am

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 5:36 pm
Thank you so much, groovindj! Just to clarify, will I need to buy a new license? Or is there an upgrade credit/discount that comes with the older version I already bought?

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 2:00 pm
There is a box on the purchase page, where you can enter your existing serial number and see if there's any discount/upgrade available to you.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 6:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)