Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Restoring all virtual folders, BPM analyses etc

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

EskoladeControlleristMember since 2014
Hey guys!

A couple of weeks ago my macbook pro started acting up and long story short I needed to do a clean restore. I backed up all my music (in one folder) as well as the entire VDJ folder on my laptop. Now that I've restored my laptop and installed VDJ, I want to restore all my BPM info as well as virtual folders.

I'm sitting here staring at the contents of the virtual DJ folder (that is located on an HDD), scared as hell that if I click the wrong thing I might break whatever file has all that info. From reading around the forum I'm assuming restoring the info has something to do with the Virtual DJ Database v6.xml file but I don't know whether I should just double click (while it's still on the HDD), move it to the new VDJ folder on my laptop or????????

Help me please before I ruin my life!!

P.S.
Merry Christmas everybody!

Posted Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 3:37 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Eskolade wrote :
Hey guys!

A couple of weeks ago my macbook pro started acting up and long story short I needed to do a clean restore. I backed up all my music (in one folder) as well as the entire VDJ folder on my laptop. Now that I've restored my laptop and installed VDJ, I want to restore all my BPM info as well as virtual folders.

I'm sitting here staring at the contents of the virtual DJ folder (that is located on an HDD), scared as hell that if I click the wrong thing I might break whatever file has all that info. From reading around the forum I'm assuming restoring the info has something to do with the Virtual DJ Database v6.xml file but I don't know whether I should just double click (while it's still on the HDD), move it to the new VDJ folder on my laptop or????????

Help me please before I ruin my life!!

P.S.
Merry Christmas everybody!

this what I do but your putting music and info back on the computer you may not have all your red & blue folders unless there on the EX-HD then it will be there.Copy all your music and make new Red & blue folder if need it but save on mac , and always back up your VirtualDJ Database v6 xml
http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/asthedj/blogs/4483/from_Pc_to_Macbook_Pro.html

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 12:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)