Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hearing voice in headphone when mic open

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to vdj. Just doing basic dj online in Second Life. Im just using two decks and playing songs. When I open my mic I hear my voice in my headphones. Is there a way to not hear your voice in the headphones and still have it go out on the master? I've tried playing with the channel settings and that works but then my cross fade wont work. It's really hard to do song intros when I hear my voice in the headset.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 5:25 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
It's called "listening in cue". Professional voice over and, radio DJs have long done this. It is the most effective way to assure you sound right. I know a lot of people do not like to hear themselves recorded/in live cue. If used properly though, it is a useful tool in developing proper broadcast techniques.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 8:17 pm
So in other words, that's just the way it is. Ok, cool. Thank you very much.

Posted Wed 24 Dec 14 @ 4:44 pm
Are you not liking it because you're experiencing latency (a delay between what you say and what you hear)?

There are various things in VDJ you can change that may reduce the delay, but the best solution is to use a decent audio interface with dedicated low latency drivers (ASIO if you're on PC).

Posted Wed 24 Dec 14 @ 4:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)