Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How is record source configured??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Looked in audio config in advanced settings but don't see the answer there! please point me in the direction,thanks

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 7:28 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
are you using a controller?

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 8:21 pm

Is this any help?
No controller connected.

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 5:51 am

Audio settings

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 6:03 am
If you're sending each deck out to its own separate output (i.e. you're using an external mixer) then your "record source" is the output of that external mixer - because that's where the mixing is taking place. To record it using VDJ you'd need to send the mixer output signal back in to the computer, then select that input as a record source.

Alternatively, just record from the mixer using hardware, such as a solid state digital audio recorder (the modern answer to the tape deck).

Or.......you could mix using the internal (on screen) mixer, then the recording could be done "in the box".

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 6:15 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
You have your output configured to connect it to an external mixer - this means VDJ does not mix up your tracks any longer because you did it outside with a analogue mixer.

You need to connect 1 line output of your Soundcard to a free Line input on your Computer and select this channel to record.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 6:15 am
Thanks guys sorted it now.

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 6:25 am
Guys,

Ive read and read, and I just am not understanding what I am missing on my record set up. im running an external mixer, rmx sound card and wanting to record either thru vdj or an external software. any additional help is greatly appreciated.

I am trying in 7/8 either one.

DuB P

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 4:06 pm
RMX sound card? If you're referring to a Hercules RMX that's not an external mixer, it's a controller.

You need to set up VDJ with a master/headphone config to the RMX.

You can record in VDJ because the RMX is only acting as a controller for the onscreen mixer, the signal is not being mixed externally.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 4:57 pm
rmx is my sound card, behringer vmx 1000 mixer, and now im adding 2 cdjs

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 2:16 pm
I'm still a newbie to digital djing, I have a licence for a Pioneer XDJ-R1 and using the VDJ8 software.

I received help from the support team to get the setup giving me sound the way it needs to be ie split headphone cueing aswell as the main master speakers being independant, because under my attemps ALL sound was coming through one channel and there was no split cueing etc, but thats sorted now, i can dj with my XDJ unit as far as i am skilled to do so at the moment.

The current problem as with everyone who has already had issues in this thread is the recording function.

The mixer mode within my controller is XDJ so im not using the software on screen mixer.

on the settings within VDJ8 my output is "external mixer"

card is "Pioneer XDJ R1"

there are 4 deck sources, and i have tried to add a "record" source of which it's soundcard is the Pioneer off channel 1&2, i apply and go to the record tab to be faced with the message "no file selected" when i clich "start record" it is set to be "mp3(default audio format)"

talking briefly of my wired connections the Pioneer sends a usb connection to the rear of my pc (running windows 7) and there are 2 xlr to phono leads plugged into my two big speakers that are wall mounted. i have no seperate monitor speakers as i just cue in the headphones.

hoping someone can shed some light on this so i can get my new tunes i have to mix recorded for myself and friends to listen to via cd's burned from the recorded file.

thanks.

Posted Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 10:42 am
See here -> http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/XDJ-R1.html

In order to record from within VDJ you may need to use the software / PC Mode rather than the external mixer setup, as when using external mixers, the mixing is done on the hardware after the signal has left VDJ - so you cannot record that signal from the VDJ software mixer (unless the R1 audio interface has the ability to send the master output back to VDJ via USB).

Posted Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 12:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)