Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: shopping for a laptop?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello I have been looking at laptops today looking to replace haveing to take my desktop to shows. I vdj and am woryed if i go for somthing around 500 that it will not cut it and if i save up for a 1000 gameing laptop it will be more than what i need and can afford all im looking for is somthing to run vdj.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 3:57 pm
$500 for home DJ'ing, random house parties or a back-up, sure, but I wouldn't compromise on a gig laptop. Spend the money on a machine with specs higher than you need and keep in mind this is something you'll be using for years.
Now is the perfect time to spend a grand on a machine and try to get 15% or more off the top.
Just my 2 cents.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 4:44 pm
I agree with the post above go for something more than you need but that doesn't have to cost more for example you can try and get a custom built one without all the bundled software that computers normally come with. Off the shelf laptops come with tons of software that the sellers say is free or included but what that means is your actually paying for it in the price. In reality all you need is a good processor, lots of ram, a possible a good soundcard & video card.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 5:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)