Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: loop_in Loop_out MIDI map to Line 6 POD HD500x guitar Rag

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm in a live band with karaoke tracks. We would like to use VirtualDJ to play and display the lyrics of the tracks. I successfully mapped one of the footswitches of line 6 POD HD500x guitar rig to automix_next to go to the next song. We would also like to use loops but trying to map a midi footswitch to loop_in Loop_out is not working? I'm using the latest VDJ8

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 1:21 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What have you tried?

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 2:13 pm
I bought a UM_ONE midi interface from roland used the autolearnkey and mapped loop_in and loop_out actions to a footswitch but the knop IN or OUT are not triggered in virtualdj

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 3:21 pm
I guess you are using the simple midi wrapper.
In that case you can try
"down ? loop_in : loop_out"

This will work on a simple midi message. Pressing the footswitch down will set the loop_in point, releasing the footswitch will set the loop_out point. However you won't be able to deactivate the loop with the same message.

An alternative would be to use:
"loop_button"
With this command, first press will set the loop_in, second press will set the loop_out, and third press will cancel the loop

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 3:26 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
"loop_button" nice, that's a new one for me.

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 3:34 pm
Problem solved : I could assign a Note On message to the footswitch sending a note like A#. In custum mapping it appears a 0-BUTTON107. Mapping it to loop_in Loop_out works. Thanks

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 3:15 am
Can you assign an action restart current song. I tried action goto_first_beat ; play. could assign these two action to one button

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 3:39 am
goto_first_beat & play. solved

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 3:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)