Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: To many samples

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SveninoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
How to delete unnecessary Samples?

There seems to be no way to get them of the database.
For Instance: If You work with the VDJ8 Sample-Editor, maybe You saved some Testversions of a sample
Even when You put some samples in an Virtual Folder - no chance to delete them from there.
Look at this:

There must be options to handle the .vdj or .vdjsample Files
But I canĀ“t find them.
How can I get rid of all these unnecessary Samples?

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 12:07 pm
What options do you get if you right click one of these folders? Are these samples stored in my documents/virtualdj/samples? Can you delete from there?

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 12:56 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I agree I don't like the fact the only way to delete samples is by browsing the sample folder, it's just annoying,
Samples should work like any other entry, bpm/poi/rename/delete etc etc and also have the sample specific options too.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 12:58 pm
SveninoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
A Man and His Music wrote :
What options do you get if you right click one of these folders? Are these samples stored in my documents/virtualdj/samples? Can you delete from there?

Yes I deleted them right in the "documents/virtualdj/samples" folder but they stay obstinately in VDJ8 and the virtual folders.
So I think, the crew may add these options to the rightclick-menu of these filetyp.
Could this be something for the "Wishes"-Part of the Forum?

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 1:08 pm
Hi Guys, if you open the sampler in the side view, upper right corner, click on the sampler icon to change to list mode. When in list mode, right click, choose remove. Then go to the sampler file under Virtual DJ and remove those samples. Shots for the house.:-)

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 4:45 pm
That doesn't quite cover it mrgrumpy that only drops the sample from the bank it doesn't delete it from the machine, but if you're offering shots it'd be rude to say no :-)

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 4:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Open the sampler on the left side in the browser.
From the root folder and the subfolders (in grey) you can delete samples from disk.
Deleting samples from a specific set (in orange) is the same as removing the sample in the sampler view in the side view, which only deletes the sample from that set.

Posted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 2:48 am
How about it Adion, full context menus for samples no matter where? (maybe pads can be missed out)

@Svenino I think you'll have to delete the text pointing to the sample, inside the virtual folder outside VDJ i.e. from a text editor.

Posted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 4:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)