Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Vdj 7 to 8 quick questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RCdudeHome userMember since 2007
Hey guys haven't been on the site for a while and me and my partner are looking at upgrading to vdj 8
Just a few questions:
1. We use a ns7 possibly buying a ns7 2... Any bugs or issues?
2. Would you say going from 7-8 is a easy transition? Meaning are all of my cue points stored, history and such all there? Or would I have to copy and paste files.
3. We like to have back up just in case so... Would keeping my vdj7 shortcut and program be ok and download vdj8 as its own program and such? Would it be screwy if both programs are on one system?
4. We're mobile djs and we alwaysssss stay away from connecting to the Internet to avoid crashes, I like the new monthly services and such, any reviews on them? Any like lag issues, screen freezing?

I've come to love vdj a lot, I've played with and I just hate it, I love the mapping in vdj, I specifically bought a laptop that has a full keyboard (number pad) just so that my number pad acts like specific beat skips.

So I have been sharing the software with my friend (1 software 2 computers) but I'm looking to buy vdj 8 alone since I believe the company deserves it and it's just so great.
So with the above questions I guess take into consideration that I'm going from a separate account to my own

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 1:17 am
You are asking a lot, but some of this, has to be done on your own. You can have 7 & 8, on the same computer at the same time. If you are having issues with 8, open 7 and keep it moving. The transition was easy for me, I can't speak for others. The data base will copy over automatically, but you will have to re-analyze your tracks, because 8 has a better bpm and key engine. This can be done over night. Your cue points will have to be tweaked in some cases. I can't help you with the NS7 issue, because I don't own one, but it is supported. You will have to test this just like we all have tested it. I use the contentment unlimited services at every gig. The pro version will allow you to use all of the supported controllers, and all updates are free. Sharing the software is a no no, and violates the end user agreement. Good luck.

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 1:45 am
Going to 8 has been a NIGHTMARE for me. Still not there.

Getting the dat file( my work pc never goes on net) to add to ver 8 took weeks due to lack of support and the fact that we just did not communicate well.

the first reply was right away and then the subsequent replies went for weeks without being replied to. up to a FULL month !!!

Finally added dat file last night and still cannot login.

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 11:42 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
glmmantis wrote :
Going to 8 has been a NIGHTMARE for me. Still not there.

Getting the dat file( my work pc never goes on net) to add to ver 8 took weeks due to lack of support and the fact that we just did not communicate well.

the first reply was right away and then the subsequent replies went for weeks without being replied to. up to a FULL month !!!

Finally added dat file last night and still cannot login.

If you can log in her under your name VDJ-8 should allow you to open under your Name that register with the Software ( S.W ),But if you give info OUT in the PASS about VDJ-7 that would be a issue NOW, and the forms has a lot of answers if you need help ASAP,just got to look we all or some had the same Questions and the S.W.I use the form 1st before asking and 1/2 the time it was just ME didn't KNOW because I didn't take the time out to Read 1st then DJ/play.

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 12:47 pm
What ?
Your english a bit hard to decipher!

I DID search the forums.
I HAVE used the search function
I have made tickets
I HAVE used the wiki !
Im sick of looking for what i CANNOT find.

I'm sick of waiting WEEKS for replies to my questions !
This CANNOT be this damn difficult !

I have not given out info on my 7.
wth is that about anyway?

I have put the dat file where i was told to put it!
Just getting it took THREE MONTHS !
Part of it was my fault but there is ZERO excuse for having to wait WEEKS for a simple reply!

My ticket was started on Aug 14th !!!

My business would not exist if i treated MY customers this way!

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 3:44 pm
when there is a valid dat file and no internet connection u will not need to log in

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 5:06 pm
Thanks!

Does that mean there will BE no login screen at all?
Because I'm getting one.

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 5:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Once you launch VirtualDj 8 and login and then close (without logoff of course), VirtualDJ will then create a license.dat file.
Next time you open the same computer..
a. If no Internet connection is available, there will be no Login window and your VirtualDj will operate fine.
b. If Internet connection is present it will ask you to Login again in case you have logged in using a different computer in the meantime.

Keep also in mind that the license.dat file cant be tranfered from one computer to another. Each one of yoru computers needs to be logged in in order the appropriate license.dat to be created.

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 9:19 pm
Rcdude everyone you talk to will tell you something different, for me vdj8 has been working pretty well, I like the new features, the sound is better. But with that being said for me it took few changes in the settings. And a couple tweaks to my older MacBook Pro to make it run smoothly. Once I figured out the right combination of the two I've had no issues

Gimmantis, I can respect the fact your dj computer does not go on the internet, With that being said, you may have to enable the net, sign into vdj, then right after turn off your internet. You may not like it. You may not want to do it, However logging in and leaving the internet on for a bit will automatically upgrade you to the latest version of vdj if you choose to,allow it which will bring you updates to the software. Seems like a new update is pushed every couple weeks.

Now you can not sign into internet at all wait for a license file to be sent to you. And be frustrated.

I'm not a fan if it. But this is what they've done to fight software piracy. I can respect that. Your other options. Stay on vdj7, or switch to different software. Just don't switch to serato as they require internet connection as well.

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 9:34 pm
djdad I cannot log in at all.

my work pc never goes on the net. Has no capability of doing so. It is a custom rack mount build.

Yes, i can get some usb plug for the net but GDAMMIT, this should be effin easy to do without all the hassle ive been thru.

3 damn months !!!!!!!
For ONE dat file ???

Really ???

AYFKM ????

and when i get it it STILL does not work !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been BEYOND patient and I know im not perfect in this whole scenario but I'm PISSED !!!!

Jrox... I already HAVE the dat file, It has been installed. No luck !!! How difficult can this be ?

When support has a ticket that is not resolved to the satisfaction of the customer that ticket should REMAIN at the top of the list and not be subjected to FOUR WEEKS of waiting even if it is MY ignorance that is the blockage !!! Like i said this should be easy ! its ONE damn file that is copied into ONE damn folder !!!!

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 10:46 pm
I agree that support should be working with you to resolve this, I would suggest getting the the wifi working , Even if support does somehow get your log in issue resolved the updates that are released every couple weeks are something you'll probably want to have

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 11:25 pm
Gimmantis, you have completely taken over this thread. Your issue, does not help the OP, with his issue. I can appreciate your frustration, but don't understand it. Please start your own thread, and I can assure you, you will not have to wait months for a reply. Thank You.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 1:25 am
Mr Senior Moderator,

My issue falls under the heading of this thread header. going from 7 to 8

I did consider starting my own thread but was considerate enough not to do so, If i did so, it would be very caustic.

The header alone would read something to the effect of the lack of support and he THREE months it has taken to get something that hasnt worked as promised.
I'd gladly do screen shots of my ticket and the replies, but if you have seen them you may agree that Atomix may not want that on their forums. Can you see my ticket ? Please look at it if you can.

I do not want to hijack a thread
I do not want to start a thread
I want this SEEMINGLY very simple issue to be solved! That is all !
It should have been taken care of THREE MONTHS ago !!!

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 9:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)