Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recording Mixes - Cant seem to figure it out with VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Everyone, i'm using a Denon HC4500+Imac OSX 10.9.4. In my previous computer using VDJ 7, I thought that I was able to record mixes digitally without the need of a additional cables/Line In. Meaning, from the VDJ or Audissey software click record and its done.

Here is a screenshot of my VDJ Config: http://i.imgur.com/rgT2sWS.png
Here is a screenshot of Audissey which gives me no other option than "line in" to record. http://i.imgur.com/Ur4C1x9.png

I may be doing something wrong here but can someone clairfy if its possible to record live mixes without the need for a Line-In in Virtual DJ 8?

Posted Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 11:21 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 8:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Assuming that you are using an analogue dj mixer with your HC4500, you will need to route the Output of the Mixer (use the Booth, REC or even the Master with a Splitter cable) to a Line Input of a sound card.
Since the HC4500 is not offering any Inputs (only offers 2 Outputs to connect to a mixer), you will need to connect to the Line or Mic Input of your computer and add a record line to the Audio configuration of VirtualDJ e.g. record ... Your Built In Sound card...Inputs 1,2

VirtualDJ cannot record properly when an external mixer configuration is applied, since the Mixer is not sending any MIDI so the software doesnt know which channel is playing out live. So the cabling routing and the above procedure is necessary in cases like that.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 2:44 am
Ok, thank you!!

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 9:08 pm
Previously I would go into Audissey, hit record, and play on VDJ/HC4500 and record it. I made 45 CD's this way! Never once did I "loop back" with another cable. DJDad would buying a "digital mixer" solve the problem?

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 1:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure how the sound of those decks was mixed in the 3rd party application you used. Probably the mixing was done using the internal mixer of the software ?

Yes, using a MIDI mixer/controller would make things much easier ( no need of record /loopback lines in Audio tab or extra cabling)

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 10:58 am
Im not sure. What I would usually do is go into Audyssey, hit record, then go to Virtual DJ and mix... I guess that doesnt work anymore
Can you help spec a upgrade to the HC4500 thats digital and would allow me to record without additional cables?

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 3:00 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I'm sorry but this is not possible while using the HC4500 with a external mixer!
Please keep in mind, the "mixed" audio siganl is only available at mixer output and not inside the software.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 3:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)