Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Waveform on VDJ8 not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. I've been using VDJ Pro 7 for a long time but downloaded VDJ8 yesterday and am having a problem with it. Specifically, the Waveform display at the top isn't working properly. It shows the moving little squares and rectangles at the bottom of the display (that indicate the beats) but it does not show the wave itself. Instead of the wave, all you can see is a static solid-colored background.

VDJ tech help responded by saying: "Please try to update your DirectX drivers. VirtualDJ V8 uses now the hardware acceleration of the latest Direct X. Please make also sure that skinDisableHWAcell in settings/ advanced options is set to no."

However the skinDisableHWAcell was already set to no, and I am fairly sure that DirectX is for PCs not Macs, -and I have a Mac. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 2:19 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
This sounds more like you use a version7 skin with version8.

What kind of skin do you use?

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 8:44 am
That's exactly it.

It's an issue specific to Mac too. The old method (used in old skins) was <rhythm> and now it's <rhythmzone>. On PC, both methods still work in VDJ 8.

Unfortunately on Mac, VDJ 8 only works with the new <rhythmzone> skin code, so the old skin would have to be modified - or the Mac version of VDJ 8 fixed to work with <rhythm>.

Posted Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 8:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)