Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: update osx 10.7>10.9 ???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello my setup is 2x stanton scs1d + stanton scs1m+ macbook C2D 2.2/4GB osx 10.7, I have some high CPU issue,and some sound stutter/jitter (very small amounts) while scratching in the motorized platters, earlier builds like 1845 and previous had no CPU issues,at all,even when analizing several tracks.

the VDJ8 download page has these specs
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Windows XP / Mac OSX 10.7
RECOMMENDED: Windows 7 or Window 8.1 / Mac OSX 10.9

should I update my osx to 10.9?is it going to solve my problems? will I get a better performance??
thank you

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 7:14 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
10.9 is a little better on the CPU that 10.7, however I don't expect it to the be-all, end-all for your issues. What edition is your Macbook? (What year?)

What build of v8 are you currently using? (The beta is 2030 as of this writing.)

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 9:36 am
my macbook is black edition, 2008/9 not sure, currently trying out builds 2021>2030 was at 2003,wich had static noise on mac/osx 10.7, "little better" performance is good enough for me, I will give 10.9 a try tomorow, have to do some backups...
thanks

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 7:33 pm
where can I download mavericks 10.9?? I only find 10.10 yosemite in the appstore,wich is not campatible with my macbook...
thank you

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 6:17 am
I am pretty sure the black macbook cannot be upgraded past 10.7.5 (lion)

You might be better off bootcamping it and running windows. I just tried running v8 on a friends white 2008 with lion and it worked but not perfectly, bootcamped it and 8 runs well

J

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 4:10 pm
what do you mean by "not perfectly"? what hapenned? do you confirm my issues?

my friend owns a white macbook specs similar to mine,and he has osx 10.10....

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 1:00 pm

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 1:53 pm
Hi, yesterday I bootcamped my macbook with win7, but now I'm having a problem, when using SCS1m soundboard, vdj frezzes for 1 sec and goes back playing, every 7/8 seconds the tracks pauses like a touched the vinyl (all tracks playing), I already switched the 1134 FW drivers to Legacy mode, updated all drivers, used DPC Lat & LatencyMon, tried with a NI Audio2DJ (wdm or asio drivers) and the tracks stopping also happen ,but takes like 30 secs, tried Asio4all with onboard and A2DJ, stops tracks takes -/+ 40seconds, then tested with the onboard soundcard and 2xSCS1d+SCS1m all has midi only,and the stop issue doenst happen, help me!!! thank you
(I've opened a ticket,but Support cannot help me)

ignoring the tracks pausing issue on W7, and comparing to OSX 10.7:
W7 pros: CPU also gets very high peaks,but the sound does not get distorted or stutters, slow scratches sound good
W7 cons: sometimes on backspins or more heavy scratching I can hear a "enter the Matrix" FX on the sound (distortion)
scratchwave drift on pitchqual. 1
OSX 10.7 pros: FireWire works flawless, after a fresh OSX install I can also have a clean slow scratch sound
OSX 10.7 cons: stutter and distorion when loading several tracks or analyzing,
scratchwave drift on pitchqual. 1 or 2

so both OS have they're own issues, I guess I'l try OSX 10.9/10.10 in next few days,will report back the results.

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 4:36 am
djjohnnyrox wrote :
Heres a thought, what do you have the fps set at in settings? I have mine set at 20 for video and 18 for skin that seemed to lower the cpu quite a bit. Also are you running a fan program to cool the laptop? I run smc fan control for mac and it keeps my mac around 160 degrees.... Not sure where youre located celsius may apply..... Let me know Im very interested in how this works out for you as my friends laptop has these issues I think it has to do with osx lion

I was using 30/50 video and 25/20 skin
thanks for the tips, it gets a little better on OSX, also switched LoadSongPriority to "idle".

(back in build 1845 none of this hapenned,so I'm sure its a VDJ8/OSX compatibilty issue on latest builds...)

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 9:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)