Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to not hear my microphone in my headset with VDJ8 like i did in VDJ7?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everybody,

In order to broadcast with VDJ7 and to not hear my voice in my headset (my main output), instead of having the master as out and mic as in, I had Deck 1, Deck 2 and Sampler as output and my microphone as input. That does not work in virtual DJ 8. Anybody can help me please?

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 7:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Do you mean that now the Microphone goes through headphones ?
Please post a screenshot of the VirtualDJ 8 Audio tab.

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 7:58 pm
Yes, the microphone goes through headphones because I can not set up the audio like in VDJ7.
Here is 2 screen capture VDJ7 setup and VDJ8 "normal" configuration. If I try to setup like VDJ7, I hear nothing.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 2:45 pm
the mic will always go out the master and since u are using a headset on the master you will hear the mic in the headphones.

if you were using the headphones for pfl you would not hear mic but since you aren't set that way you will.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 3:05 pm
Hi Wickedmix,
I understand, but in VDJ7, using only my headset as output for deck 1&2 + Sampler and Microphone as input, everything goes to the Stream and I do not hear my voice in the headset.
I would like to do the same in VDJ8.
Instead of PFL, I prefer to hear what I send to the Stream (except my voice); Is there any other solution?

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 3:12 pm
Ok, I found a solution, screen capture bellow. The trick is to have a master (set to any other available soundcard) + a booth output (set to the headphones) and in preferences, set "BoothMicrophone" to "no" (It's the default I think).
Then turn the volume down of the master you selected (in Windows mixer). That way you just hear what you send to the master in the headphones except your voice (but you voice is still send to the master output). That way, you do not hear you twice, wich can be disturbing. I hope that will help some people.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 4:04 pm
What if you only have one sound card?

arcadoli wrote :
Ok, I found a solution, screen capture bellow. The trick is to have a master (set to any other available soundcard) + a booth output (set to the headphones) and in preferences, set "BoothMicrophone" to "no" (It's the default I think).
Then turn the volume down of the master you selected (in Windows mixer). That way you just hear what you send to the master in the headphones except your voice (but you voice is still send to the master output). That way, you do not hear you twice, wich can be disturbing. I hope that will help some people.

Posted Wed 31 Oct 18 @ 11:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)