Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: @devs - Please fix long standing bug with skin windows

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Stephane & Adion, can you fix a bug with pop up windows which open underneath the skin (so they're hidden by the skin)?

This bug is spoiling a great new feature, and also preventing djdad's Skin Builder from being finished.

Thank you in advance for your hard work.

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 5:52 am
if its windows apps hanging on screen, you need to disable windows aero or desktop composition. (on both win 7 and 8/8.1)

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 7:47 am
DO NOT disable aero and address the problem whatever it is. Disabling aero for VDJ8 is NOT a good thing. If you have aero disabled then enable it. For VDJ8 specifically it helps to reduce CPU usage and allows for smoother playback. More recent builds seem to have gotten better in this respect though.

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 8:02 am
Windows apps? No, this is related to skin code.

VDJ 8 has the ability to open pop up windows separate to the main skin, that can be moved and resized. This allows them to be placed on a second screen for example.

So you could have e.g. a browser or sampler window which is not attached to the skin, but can float above/over it, or be moved somewhere else.

The problem is that they don't always open over the GUI, but under it - between the software and the desktop, where you can't see them.

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 8:06 am
One can also do something like this:

The image is used as the background for the window and the sample pads located where the physical ones would be.

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 9:41 am
I will check but fairly certain I reported this a while ago.

You could try adding "& load_skin" after initiating the window to open. I seem to remember this working as a work around for now.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 4:24 pm
Just tried - yes that works, but it slows everything down.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 5:12 pm
Yeah I agree it isn't perfect. My tests only have a minor visual glitch but it does need addressing.

Just checked and it is in the bug tracker but I have no idea where it sits on the priority order. Just have to sit patiently.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 3:25 pm
cool , I cant wait to see the fix..

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 11:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)