Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help! Error messages due to updated OSX and iTunes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Please help me! I have a problem! Nobody is responding to my following question posted elsewhere on this forum. Therefore I'm starting a new topic. I also updated to Yosemite and the new iTunes. All the songs I added to my itunes library after the updates show an 'error'. Even after updating to the VDJ 8.

All the songs from the playlists in iTunes before the update work just fine like before. I only get an error message with the songs I downloaded and added to iTunes after the updates. If I add the songs by going to the music folder in VDJ they all work. It's just when I go to my iTunes playlists in VDJ.... but since I love to work this way I really want this to work. Soon! Losing my mind over here :-)

P.S. Where does this update (VDJ8) come from all of the sudden? I have spent a lot of money on Virtual DJ Pro FULL and now the newest and best version of VDJ is free? Please explain....

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 5:14 am
I have found that you must scan in all of your songs from the menu on Virtual DJ its a pain especially if the songs don't have the BPMs scan in

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 4:24 pm
Plus cut off your automatic updates on your Mac the best OS system to use is 10.8 or 10.9 DO NOT upgrade to 10.10 if you expect problems

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 4:26 pm
I have found that you must scan in all of your songs from the menu on Virtual DJ its a pain especially if the songs don't have the BPMs scan in

I didn't update the OSX by accident. It was a conscious choice. But who would've thought it would have led to this? I'm getting extremely frustrated. I have been contemplating for a while to sell my Numark N4 and switch to a controller that runs on Traktor. I think this is the push I needed. If VDJ doesn't come up with a solution soon, I'm gone.... and I'll start discouraging all my new DJ friends to use VDJ ever again.

Anyway, I don't know what you mean by scanning you songs....What menu? What do you mean?

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 8:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please try with the latest beta build 2021. To get the Beta build instead of the public one (2003 currently), enable the setting getBetaBuilds from the Advanced Options, relaunch and wait for the update pop-up message.

What makes you think that the full version of VDJ8 is free ? It still requires a paid Pro , Plus or subscription license to use Midi controllers. For mouse and keyboard it was always free.

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 9:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)