Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ8 nearly cost me a lot of money last night not connecting to controller ... NOT HAPPY :-(

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Not only was I made a laughing stock for turning up with Virtual DJ (which I have defended vigorously for a long time), I was threatened with breach of contract by the promotor as I was unable to perform at all....

Problem?

Virtual DJ8 decided that it would not let me connect to my controller for more than 10mins because I was not logged in. To say I'm really p*ssed off is an understatement!!!!
The club had no means of getting internet connection and I had no mobile signal. I have NEVER had this problem before with this setup, and it came as a very nasty and embarrassing shock. I understand it is a 'keeping tabs on your usage' excercise, for which I have willingly signed up for, but there has got to be safeguards against this happening....

I have used this exact setup many times previously with no crippling occurring, what's happening? I have another gig tonight and am really not looking forward to playing from the headphone socket of my laptop, it does not look good and will guaruntee no further bookings. :-(

I would love to be shown up to be a silly newbie if it means I can carry on using VDJ8 with my controller in an environment without internet connectivity..... ;-)

PLEASE HELP! (at the moment I'm frantically burning CDs)

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 12:18 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
How long have you had VDJ 8 connected to the network before this evening

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 12:39 pm
I think it may be something to do with being online with this laptop when I was using VDJ8 on another machine. If I'm thinking right then I need to...

Login on my laptop where internet is available, then disconnect from internet and not go online with this laptop while I have another instance of VDJ8 logged in/open on another machine. This way the laptop stays logged in..

Is this correct? (fingers crossed, these cds are a pain!)

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 12:48 pm
The only time VDJ 8 checks whether it's logged in (or whether you've logged in elsewhere) is when it starts up.

It can only check the license if it can get online. If it can't get online, it starts up in the state it was in when last used.

So.....if computer A wasn't logged in when you ran it at the venue, either you'd logged out of A yourself or you'd logged in using computer B and then started up VDJ 8 on A again where/when there was internet access (at which point A checked online and saw that you'd used B).

You can log in on A and B and keep them both logged in - as long as they don't see the net when they are started up.

Keep a backup copy of the license file that's in the VDJ directory when you're logged in. If you find yourself logged out again, simply put that file back in the directory and start up 8.

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 1:00 pm
Thanks groovin', I feel a little more relaxed about tonights gig now :-)

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 1:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)