Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: OS X Yosemite

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello. I have a macbook pro retina and need advise. Ive been dealing with a lot of freezing while trying to load songs that i search for through content unlimited. Im trying anything to help. Does my upgrading computer have anything to do with it? Just saw OS X Yosemite come out today. Should I upgrade to it? will it help Virtual dj 8? thanks

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 5:43 pm
i would wait, let the wrinkles get ironed out 1st. I normally wait a month. Honestly this go around im very hesitant to update my os and even vdj 8 for that matter as my set up has been running super smooth.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 9:15 pm
I'm in the same boat. It keeps freezing when DW from CU. However, I am now DL my set before my gigs and if I do have a request during a gig I download the song first to cache before loading it on the decks. Hope this helps for now.

Posted Sun 14 Dec 14 @ 11:34 pm
I also run a MacBook Pro Retina running Yosemite. I've been having similar issues and asked the forum a little while back about it. The answer I got was to "Download To Cache" first, and that seems to be working. Before, I tried moving songs straight from Content Unlimited to a deck, and I was having freezing problems. Since I've started doing the DL to Cache first, I haven't had a freeze issue.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 2:31 am
melrobPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I went from snow leopard to Yosemite. Now it won't recognize songs on my iTunes playlist. Did I miss a plugin or update?

Posted Thu 25 Dec 14 @ 4:33 pm
Thanx for heads up on downloading in cache first. Any suggestions on how you can tell if a certain song will download and which ones won't with purple symbols versus red.

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 10:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)