Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SX with RMX 500, has anyone done this seems pretty cool....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys I was doing some research and came across this RMX 500 seen some dj's hooking it up to a ddj-sx some pro's and cons of coarse but has anyone done this setup or was thinking about it, also not real familiar with mapping on this controller but is it possible to change the functions of the pads on the ddj-sx controller, any help would be great...

Posted Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 5:08 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You don't need to map the unit. You will use it as VST-Plugin.
I've helped a DJ friend to test my RMX1000 with VDJ and it worked. This is on Windows though.
It's the 32bit version .dll that you need to use as a sound effect.

I am using Mac and I have heard lots of users failed to make it work so I didn't even bother trying.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 8:08 pm
There's another thread regarding RMX 1000 / 500 > link

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 3:33 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey PINCHADISCOS,

I was able to make this work on Windows so now I am trying to give it a second shot with Mac for use with VDJ.
This screenshot if from Ableton Browse Option. I don't see the files when I go directly to my library though.

The unit is working fine with Ableton.

Posted Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 10:30 pm
I've read you have to use the AU version of the plugin instead VST.
Maybe that's why you can't select the VST plugin within Ableton.

AU should be included Plugin Download

It works fine on windows but not on Mac. I will give it a second chance in the next few days.

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 7:25 pm
ste1996ControlleristMember since 2014
Salve io ha una ddj ergo k volevo sapere se era compatibile con una rmx 500 e volevo sapere se aggiungendo la rmx 500 devo pagare una licenza... grazie in anticipo

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 7:46 am
I think you can only use the RMX 500 as a post master effect. The DDJ ERGO also has no separate effects channel, no send / return functionality. It will work but as already mentioned just as a post master effect. You have to plug it between your DDJ ERGO and amplifier. It's worth it's money but would be more powerful combined with a standard mixer. On my pc I made the VST plugin work properly.

Do you have a pc or mac?

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 5:43 pm
Lol! It works nearly fine. I just changed the file extension from .component to .bundle and placed it in the effects > sound effects folder.
The option screen is available also although it's not the best view.

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 10:42 am
And it is possible to switch the effect to each deck and to master. Now I will give it a try with my DDJ.

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 11:10 am
Works fine :-) Just the missing led feedback on the buttons makes me confused sometimes.

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 11:33 am
hi my friend i tired to install rmx in virtual DJ 8 please help me

Posted Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 5:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)