Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: description of new addons.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was looking through the new add ons and none of the new ones have any description. It make me guess what im down loading!

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 1:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The description is limited to a short message by default (2-3 lines). The Author should then use the "Comments" link to post additional information.

Posted Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 6:39 pm
djdad wrote :
The Author should then use the "Comments" link to post additional information.

....but the comments area says this:

You can leave an optional comment for our reviewers
(this comment will not be published and will not appear in the listings)

I have left update comments there for my Mixlab upload, and they don't appear in the listing.

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 5:56 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can use the 'comments' link (that links to a forum thread) to leave more information once your upload has been approved.

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 8:40 am
Ah, mea culpa.

That relies on the potential downloader actually clicking the link though.

It was better to have update info under the description.

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 10:16 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In that sense it is better - although you could include 'Please see comments below for more info' in your description I guess.

The advantage of the comments section is that you can obviously edit it and format it a bit better - and can fit in any information you want - videos, screenshots etc.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 8:08 am
I want to see what others have said before I down load it. To have to see no text and or info and chase it makes me laugh. Make it easy. On the page of the new addons , how about , " This down load has a exe file containing 23 drum rolls and all are 8 seconds long!"

Posted Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 8:52 pm
You may be able to get away with 4 or 5 lines of text for the short description. Not sure what the practical limit is on it. djdad says 2 to 3. Maybe depends if there are other images below the main image.

I did not even notice the comments field in the beginning. New users might not notice it either. Might be nice to have a 'Full Description' button that is more obvious. Maybe you would just have to browse this 'button' to see most of the full description as you can do to see post in these webpages or click it if more interested.

Maybe comments field is made a little more obvious and says 'Full Description and Comments".

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 7:50 am
I saw comments in other languages in the section under download for version 8.. simple question and lots of chasing, a name is not enough. someone saying what it is im loading is all im asking. as some of the video files were exe.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 5:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)