Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Can you recommend a simple text messaging/ticker/image viewer plugin?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I don't really need the ability to show SMS texts or any other live feeds (as this is a bit beyond me at the moment) just want to be able to put up birthday shouts etc. The ability to show a single static image would be great too... any recommendations? I'm using VDJ8

Cheers, Rob

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 4:21 pm
TellyMedia and TellyVisuals, anything else is a waste of time........

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 9:02 pm
TellyVisuals does layouts, images (scrolling, static, or animated gif), text in a number of ways, etc.

What you call shout outs are called alerts in TV. Alerts are for short lived messages that come and go on the fly similar to television weather or sports alerts. That is the model for them at any rate.

Currently the only type of alert in TV is for song alerts. That is, when a song plays in VDJ, you can have an alert come up and design it the way you want it to look.

The next type of alert that will be in TV is what I call DJ alerts. Similar to song alerts but they are called up by you instead of being automated by a playing song. Alerts can contain images, colors, border, and whatever text you want in them. You will be able to load and save alerts and call them up at any time. So you could design an alert that says Happy Birthday Susie with an animated birthday cake or whatever. Might be cool if a DJ alert could kick start a Happy Birthday song too but will just have to see on that.

Next version of TV should allow you to load and save song alert styles and allow for more options. DJ alerts will come later. Most of time for doing these comes from the interface elements that you will need to control them and not so much displaying them since TV can already display images and text in a number of ways.

http://www.tellyvisuals.com

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 6:05 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I second TellyVisuals and TellyMedia. These were great plugins when the developer worked with another company. They have only been getting better since.
This is a picture of the plugin... The top and left panels are scrolling text, The center is a live camera feed, and the right is a picture slideshow. You can have as much or as little as you want on the screen. This ran for 14 hrs while playing music with no issues. Highly recommended.

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 1:55 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
+1

Posted Wed 10 Aug 16 @ 12:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)