Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Logo size in VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jonty2kPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hey guys, is there a specific size that is best for the personal logo in VDJ8, also please can anyone advise on file type, I tried a .png but it displayed in a sort of "repeated" format in various sizes at the bottom... thanks in advance!

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 4:33 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 7:20 am
jonty2kPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Thanks RobRoy, will give it a try..

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 9:02 am
vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I was just searching this topic and noticed that no one answered the OP's original question, what size should a custom logo be? I realize the plugin mentioned above can be used but I'd rather just take advantage of the built in logo option within VDJ 8. I assume the file format should be PNG so the logo can be on a transparent background but what size should it be? I guess I could search for the default VDJ logo file and base my logo size off that but I thought I'd ask here instead. Others might find this info useful also.

Someone mentioned that JPG files can be used but I assume that is for square or rectangular logos only? What about if you have a circle or odd shaped logo? Then doesn't a PNG on transparent background need to be used?

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 11:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For any shape other than rectangular, png format is necessary and of course when any transparency needs to be offered.
For the size, you will need to know the size of the Output monitor, and arrange its size accordingly.

But i would strongly advise to disable the logo from Settings and use the Showlogo Plugin which gives you way more options

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 11:48 pm
vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I tried ShowLogo and although it took me awhile to figure out how to add my logo and adjust the settings it seems to be working well. Thanks!

Posted Wed 22 Mar 17 @ 12:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)