Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need script help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm trying to set buttons on my MC6000 to trigger custom buttons. I need to differentiate between the two sides of the controller, but VJD8 looks at the buttons on either side as the same thing in the mapper section. I've tried leftdeck/rightdeck but I can't seem to get it in the correct order for it to work.

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 3:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Show us a script that you've tried, I think I know what's needed,

(I think) You need to quiz the deck, something like

leftdeck ? custom button for deck 1 : custom button for deck 2
I don't like the symmetrical system for mapping, it's quicker for writing up but not as easy for customising.

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 3:36 pm
I am working on the right deck.

key: samp1
action: custom_button 6

Is there a way to add the deck to the Key learn section?

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 3:47 pm
Key learn, I agree it should know the difference between left and right but that's something for the atomix coders

(I think) this is the script you want, (the deck query only matters for the order of the commands (either side of the ':' right deck query would be 6:1)

leftdeck ? custom_button 1 : custom_button 6

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 3:58 pm
Thanks Loc . . . that got it. You are a BEAST my friend. I might have a few more questions for you if i get snagged while trying to assign things to these buttons.

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:07 pm
No worries, just drop $3 into the loco-licence fund :[) (not really), I answer everything I can so Staff are freed up to answer the stuff I don't know (and maybe read my far fetched suggestions)

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:15 pm
Got another issue. When I click the button I get the button editor. It won't do what I've assigned to the button. Any suggestion?

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:21 pm
What script do you have on the button? Does it work if you click the button with the mouse? The editor will open if the script is so wrong that it's scripted to do nothing,

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:25 pm
I'm trying to get it to got to cue point 1 and loop 4 beats. Right now it is just

goto_cue1

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:28 pm
let me see the script you have on the custom button, I know how it should work but it's best to check.

*edit* Caught your edit

If what you've typed is exactly what the button script is, then you've missed a space between cue and 1

goto_cue 1

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:29 pm
Well silly me. =/ That fixed it. The button is now as I wanted it. Thanks Loc.

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:40 pm
No worries $4 :[)

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)