Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: BeatGrid Presets - Midi Mapping (is it possible) *MAC

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anyone,
I've looked around and haven't landed on anything specific that answers this and was hoping someone could help me out.

Running:
MAC OSX 10.9.4
VDJ Pro 7.4.1
I've interfaced 2 x Numark TT200s (digital vinyl) / Hercules RMX as my mixer / and a M-Audio Trigger Finger that I've midi mapped a lot of effects too

Issue I've run into:
I like using the BeatGrid Plugin when mixing, it's a lot of fun to trigger and is a really cool effect live.
I've midi mapped the effect on both decks to corresponding touch pads on my Trigger Finger
via
deck 1 effect 'BeatGrid' active and deck 2 effect 'BeatGrid' active
This works great actually - no issues here.

BeatGrid in the GUI has up to 9 possible presets that you can configure yourself (and which I've done) switching through these presets is manual.
I would "LIKE" to midi map the individual presets 1-9 to my Trigger Finger as well, but can't figure out how?

I know the config information is stored in the VirtualDJ/Plugins/SoundEffect/BeatGrid.plist File, but I'm at a loss as to a next step.
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks,
Tommy

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 1:56 pm
Sorry, the old BeatGrid effect in VirtualDJ v7.4.1 and earlier cannot be controlled by MIDI or keyboard shortcuts (Except for triggering the effect itself with its current settings.)

However, this is possible with the new BeatGrid effect in VirtualDJ v8.

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 3:38 pm
I've actually figured it out.. it takes a small amount of work - literally minutes.
Go To: VirtualDJ/Plugins/SoundEffect/BeatGrid.bundle

1. Shut VDJ
2. Duplicate BeatGrid.bundle and rename the duplicate / copied file BeatGrid_2.bundle
3. Open VDJ - Go to the Effects Tab
3. VDJ thinks i have two plugins BeatGrid and BeatGrid_2
4. You can now assign each one to it's own pad via deck 1 (or 2) effect 'BeatGrid' active and or deck 1 (or 2) effect 'BeatGrid_2' active
5. Modify and save the default "Pattern 1" (of 9) to whatever your heart desires.

You now have two separate BeatGrid Patterns you can trigger live!
You can duplicate the BeatGrid.bundle file as many times as you want triggered BeatGrid Patterns for.
~Tommy

Posted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 10:19 am
@Support Staff
Thank you VDJ, I plan to upgrade to 8 once it's been out for a while, tested, and considered stable.
I have a residency at a club and am not willing to take the risk on beta releases.
However I caveat that with I've been exclusively using VDJ since '06 and never plan to change! I love it!

Posted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 10:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)