Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Newb to VirtualDJ: Mic help!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys!

Complete newb here. A group of my online American friends have a free online radio station, and I recently got accepted to be a DJ. Pretty simple stuff, playing music, switching to Mic to talk, and then back to music. They're all on PC, so they use a certain broadcasting program, whereas I'm on a Mac. We thought we had it all figured out, using Nicecast, but when I went to do a show, they could hear my music just fine, but when I switched to voice, all they heard was clicking, crunching, alien-type noises. Couldn't figure out why it was doing it.

I then came across VirtualDJ, and I see it has broadcast ability, and I was wondering if there's a way to have my playlist (which I've just figured out thanks to these forums and the manual lol) playing on Deck 1, and then switching the mixer/whatever it is in between the decks to Deck 2 to have me talking live. Is that possible? It would make it super easy for me and the easier the better lol.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me.

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 1:45 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Punksville wrote :
Hi guys!

Complete newb here. A group of my online American friends have a free online radio station, and I recently got accepted to be a DJ. Pretty simple stuff, playing music, switching to Mic to talk, and then back to music. They're all on PC, so they use a certain broadcasting program, whereas I'm on a Mac. We thought we had it all figured out, using Nicecast, but when I went to do a show, they could hear my music just fine, but when I switched to voice, all they heard was clicking, crunching, alien-type noises. Couldn't figure out why it was doing it.

I then came across VirtualDJ, and I see it has broadcast ability, and I was wondering if there's a way to have my playlist (which I've just figured out thanks to these forums and the manual lol) playing on Deck 1, and then switching the mixer/whatever it is in between the decks to Deck 2 to have me talking live. Is that possible? It would make it super easy for me and the easier the better lol.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me.

If your using a controller with a talk over that will work smooth ( RMX II ) VDJ-8 will auto play and you can set the time for fade in time & out.Made auto mix show songs on both deck will help to give you more a time window,but a talk over button will work for what your doing or make 30s clips between or were you need to talk in.

Posted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 7:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)