Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cued song bleeding through main mix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am using version 7 and lately the song in cue is bleeding through the main mix. What can I do to correct it?

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 9:13 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Give more information...
What is your audio setup, any controllers, ...?

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 5:11 am
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Make sure the fader on the track you are trying to cue is turned down. Check your cross fader. Make sure your outputs are correctly set.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 9:43 am
Sorry for not giving more details... I am using a Denon MC6000... the song that is in cue is bleeding through the main mix even though the cross fader is completely on the song that is playing through the mains... maybe I should post this in technical?... I was hoping this was an easy fix... any suggestions as to how I can correct this..

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 11:27 am
Seen this happening on a Numark Mixtrack Pro. I had to use the gain (vertical level) to mix songs till i noticed the crossfader was slightly bent. Remove the tab (if it comes off) and see it the pin is straight. If it is then it may be something else but straightening it seemed to work for me.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 4:49 pm
Time to clean or replace the crossfader.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 8:28 pm
Time to clean or replace the crossfader.
Im not trying to be funny, but i noticed lately that people dont understand a bleeding crossfader, are these your first mixers, if so, get used to replacing crossfaders. This has been a major part of maintenance since analogue mixers.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 8:32 pm
How do I clean the crossfader?

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 9:05 pm
looking at thatt crossfader i think blowing a little air might be a good start, but i think replacing it would be more efficient.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 10:13 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
looking at thatt crossfader i think blowing a little air might be a good start, but i think replacing it would be more efficient.

Not everyone is technically inclined. Plus replacing the crossfader in this controller is more work than changing the crossfader in some mixers.
http://youtu.be/31fhfzhQgvk

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 11:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)