Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Have Android apps come any further along?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JynxxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Basically, the last time I checked was about 2 years ago, and at that time TouchOSC and something else were leading the pack, but never worked for me.
I have Android 4.4 on my phone and 4.1 on my tablet, and was looking for something to do what the iOS apps for VDJ do in terms of sample control. I could care less about controlling the decks, pitch, or any other aspect, I only care about triggering samples.

Any ideas? :-)

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 6:48 pm
How to do this! 1, install rptmidi on the computer. Then find a midi map controller in apps. then both the lap top and the android need to be on the same wireless network.
if your using a apple make shure you shut off the multi touch feature as it is a multi touch when you don't want it to be. now place a local name in the sessions
then bonjour name a different name. my sessions will match the local name and enable at the bottem of the live routings select this to be Microsoft gs waveable syth. then connect.
now open virtual dj and go into the settings config then to controlers , then select the name of the controller local name you put in and then press a button. then map it.. I just finished the I pad and the app I used ad the midi was called siremic
it has 32 samples and volume controller too.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 8:56 pm
Thanks, but will this work for an Android tablet? You said you set it up on an iPad, so I just want to make sure.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:08 pm

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 12:31 am

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 11:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)