Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Ipad app for remote at a extra cost

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was surprised to see the remote for the Ipad was a additional fee. I want to use it as a controller and im a pro user. Is this normal?

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 11:08 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Yes...the iRemote is an app that have to be pruchased additionally.
But it is not designed to use standalone. It is a remote to control an already launched VirtualDJ Software on a PC/ Mac which requires also a present WiFi Network to connect.

greetz
rob

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 1:32 am
If you have another RDP solution like Splash top just use that. VDJ remote is severely limited as it doesn't have search or full browser capability.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 1:47 am
If you just want to control things in VDJ and not have anything to do with the browser then it's good cause you can create your own skin.

Other alternatives are Lemen and TouchOSC, neither are free but they are good apps as well.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:26 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I was toying around with perhaps pitching the idea to Atomix of a VDJ remote application, which would be free. Something much better than the current offering, and community driven. (In the vein of for the people, by the people.)

It would also be made available for all of the platforms (iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.)

If I can finish a number of projects in the next few weeks that are currently on my plate, I will write up a proposal and design document and see that the execs at Atomix think...

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 10:08 am
The original app hasn't been touched since release despite literally hundreds of requests to add a browser and search. I wouldn't think it's a priority for Atomix given past history.....

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 10:57 am
I was just wondering as all other controllers are free.. There is more iPads the controllers out in the world. Just saying!

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 1:40 pm
You can't always get things for free........ I think that's part of VDJ's problem. To much giving away here........ Spend that loot cause you can't take it with you!!

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 2:30 pm
made a awesome solution that left me in awe.. down loaded siremic b in apple iapps. then loaded rpt midi and then linked them together as a wireless midi controller throught the wireless in the house. now 32 sample banks with 7 dials and two faders work on my ipad.
Its sample time..

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 6:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)