Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DDJ-SX Audio Set Up

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I really would appreciate some advice on an issue that occurred on Sunday with my set up for a radio show I do please.

I'm using VDJ 8 with a DDJ-Sx controller but no matter what way I configured the audio settings I couldn't get my mic to work.

Basically I have an RCA to jack lead coming out of my Master out on the DDj - the jack end is plugged into the PC audio card (Realtek High Definition Audio) -
when I look at my broadcasting software (simplecast) the sound levels are working and when I do a test stream the sound is going out fine.

The issue I am having is with the mic.
The mic is plugged into channel 4 of the DDj and the switch is on Mic. As soon as I talk into it the leds on the DDJ fire up - so I know the DDJ is getting a signal but nothing is coming through the pc or through on my test stream.
I have tested the DDJ and mic on my gigging system (output to speakers) just to be sure it wasn't a problem with the controller and that works fine.

The funny thing is on my last radio show a few weeks back it all worked fine the only difference I can think of with the system since then is I accepted an Update to VDJ8.

Can anyone offer me any advice on a solution to this please. Hopefully I've put enough information above about the problem but do not hesitate to let me know if you need any thing else.

I'm using a Windows 7 system

Many thanks Paul

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 9:26 am
Read the end of THIS guide

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 12:06 pm
Many many thanks Phantom - I've never seen that manual before !! but it certainly answers my question - I will test it later in the week !

Thanks again

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 12:27 pm
If you are using the default mapper, this manual appears when you click the "Info" button on the mappers window inside config (Pioneer DDJ-SX must be selected of course)

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 1:29 pm
Is there one (guide) for Numark NS7ii?

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 3:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 6:57 pm
Soulboy1970,

Did you manage to test this?
Did it work?

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 1:54 pm
Hi, no not had a chance to test it yet but am back on the Radio this Sunday so will test it later today or tomorrow and post back the results

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 6:01 am
SoulBoy1970,

Well, i tested it on my show yesterday and it worked like a charm. The settings in the manual however only point to a configuration for windows ( not too sure how to configure the mac side)
This brings me to another thing that you might be able to help me with. Anytime i broadcast, it dosen't sound too clear.. more like a bit distorted as if the levels are in the red. I wondered, if you had this issue as well or what your settings are when you broadcast. For example, what settings are your Trim,master, up faders?
I only have this issue when i am broadcasting. Live shows and recordings are fine..... I am sending out at 128k ( sorry to crash your thread, i don't come accross alot of people that broadcast with the SX using VDJ)

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 1:45 pm
Hi all, well I finally got to test mine and as above it works - The only issue I have is the mic level seems to be a bit to low and the volume control on VDJ doesn't initialise (I'm assuming this is because of the hardware issue on the mic as stated earlier?), the level is not 'that' bad but I've tweeked the gain up a bit and it seems workable for a show.

In relation to the last post from gbadegesin, I've not had any distortion issues before whilst broadcasting to be honest - I'm assuming your going through your computers soundcard ? If so, it may be worth looking at the levels you have set in the audio settings for that in particular look at the recording tab then look at the Line In for the SX level I have mine set at 80 also make sure you don't have any Enhancements set as this could cause your problems as well. Another good thing to remember is to ensure all default windows sounds are turn off.

If you let me know what your exact set up is I can compare it against mine but without knowing this what I have said above is shooting in the dark really.

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 11:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)