Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Searching for Karaoke zip file in VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, does anyone know why a karaoke zip file does not show up in a search in VDJ8 (and v7 too)? I have checked the options showKaraoke and showZipKaraoke = yes and added "zip" onto file formats. Strange thing is that once I have accessed the file from the folders down the left, it then becomes searchable.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 1:03 pm
Have you tried to right click that folder, batch, "add to search database"?

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 4:16 pm
Hi, yes I tried that.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 5:51 pm
It's a folder that has many subfolders, one for each artist - does that make a difference? Perhaps I need too highlight all subfolders and then do this?

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 5:54 pm
No, subs are updated with the main folder. This only happens with zips, all other folders are searchable? Did you move these files from a different drive? This is a PC?

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 10:47 pm
Yes, this only happens with zip files. I have not imported from a different drive, but ripped directly to this computer, using an external hard drive as my MacBook Pro does not read CD+G discs. When I access the file from the artist subfolder, it is as if it has been unzipped (although it hasn't been on the underlying file) and it then appears in a search.

Perhaps I just need to unzip everything?

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 3:34 pm
Think I've fixed this now.... I did Batch - Add to Search DB again and I can now see everything and can select properly. The filters on the very left hand side are useful too if you just wish to see Karaoke files or Audio files.

Just one more question: karaokeSkipSilence = no, does not seem to work if audio/autoCue is also set to skip silence? I want audio file to skip silence but karaoke files to start from the very beginning - is this possible?

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 4:51 pm
Cue Points?

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 6:21 pm
I would not want to be setting Cue Points, as I wish to be able to very quickly load a karaoke track to play from the beginning and then an audio track which I would wish to start when the music starts. The options that I referred to above to do this do not appear to work, please can you advise why and if this will be fixed?

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 3:39 am
Ian you want the audio file to skip the silence. But if there is silence, there is no audio to skip?? And loading the audio file after the video file in karaoke is somewhat unusual, IMHO. Perhaps you could marry the two with a CD+G editing program or a video editing program.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 6:53 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
ian310567 wrote :
Just one more question: karaokeSkipSilence = no, does not seem to work if audio/autoCue is also set to skip silence? I want audio file to skip silence but karaoke files to start from the very beginning - is this possible?

If you use Karaoke Mode to play karaoke file this setting is used, and setting it to no should play your karaoke files from start.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 4:45 pm
Thanks, how do I activate Karaoke Mode? When doing Karaoke I usually play audio tracks between songs, hence wanting to start audio from the start of the music but Karaoke from the very beginning.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 3:51 pm
How do I activate Karaoke Mode?

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 2:56 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 4:03 am
how do you add your karaoke folder to the karaoke folder

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 11:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)