Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 8 saving settings

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when i save the settings in vdj8 does that go in a files someplace that i can transfer to a backup .
also what exactly does it save is it just the audio setup or all the settings?

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 5:21 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
ALL setting are kept here,
Documents\VirtualDJ settings.xml

yes you can back them up, in fact if you get beta builds it's recommended.

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 5:50 pm
yes thanks i understand that ...
but you can give names to the setup on the audio config page and save them.
i wondered if that was a separate file from settings.xml

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 7:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
you can create as many audio profiles as you want and save them from Config->Audio tab
The profiles along with all your other settings is saved in the same settings.xml file.

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 11:31 pm
thanks

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 4:04 am
djdad wrote :
you can create as many audio profiles as you want and save them from Config->Audio tab
The profiles along with all your other settings is saved in the same settings.xml file.

Unless I am mistaken, It doesn't seem save the video delay options per profile.

I use widi and there is a slight lip sync delay so I use different delay settings based upon what video system I attach my widi receiver to.

Any help appreciated.

Posted Wed 24 Dec 14 @ 9:55 am
VIP DISCO & KARAOKE wrote :
djdad wrote :

Unless I am mistaken, It doesn't seem save the video delay options per profile.

I use widi and there is a slight lip sync delay so I use different delay settings based upon what video system I attach my widi receiver to.

Any help appreciated.

I have created a backup programme that backs up and restores settings.xml - now I can have multiple settings to call at will.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 14 @ 3:40 am
i m doing some changes in virtual dj 8 like changing skin an some settings relate to the bpm and some others settings but when i close my virtual dj window and start virtual dj the settings are not remaining same like virtual djversion 7,7.1 home free

Posted Fri 13 Jul 18 @ 8:15 am
You need to check permissions for the VDJ directory. Make sure you have permission to write.

Posted Fri 13 Jul 18 @ 8:54 am
BTW: If you still use VirtualDJ 7 then this thread is irrelevant to your case since version 7 is using the Windows Registry to store settings.
Therefore please ask for more help on the appropriate forum, or better yet, upgrade to VirtualDJ 2018

Posted Fri 13 Jul 18 @ 1:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)