Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New music added to iTunes can't be found by Virtual DJ browser

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I downloaded 3 albums from Amazon yesterday, added them to iTunes, they're all properly tagged, but they can't be found by Virtual DJ's browser. All my other iTunes music appears to be still findable. The only way I can get them to be findable so I can play them is to add each song to an iTunes playlist, restart VDJ, then go to the playlist and look for it. I haven't had this problem before; usually whenever I add new music to iTunes, it's findable by the VDJ browser. How to fix?

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 12:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You will need to add the new files (folder) to the Search DB. So use the Browser of VirtualDJ, head to the folder itunes stored the new files and add them to the Database. Search wont find them if not added.

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 1:45 pm
djdad wrote :
You will need to add the new files (folder) to the Search DB. So use the Browser of VirtualDJ, head to the folder itunes stored the new files and add them to the Database. Search wont find them if not added.

I've never had to do this previously; every time I add songs to iTunes, VDJ automatically finds them via search the next time I open VDJ.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 12:12 pm
The iTunes folder is already shared with VDJ; the files being added should automatically show up in VDJ search, just like they always have.

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)