Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Anyone create skins to order? (Worth a shout out!!) Screenshot inc.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So here is why I need to get my head around skinning; I hope one day to be able to create it! I wanted to create a clean simple design primarily for Video DJing, but with options.
The difference in left and right decks show toggles available. Original JPEG is 1920x1080.
A courteous nod in the direction of djdad, Fruit, and the VDJ dev team... keep up the awesome work! :-)

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 1:21 pm
hows this for a start?

this skin uses Skin Builder 2 Decks LE

if you would like to try this out i could post up the config info, to save you the time building it :)

(using custom buttons, you can toggle the video preview / jog wheel and pitch / volume. there is no horizontal vu meter in SkinBuilder skin but this can be added in future)

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 7:49 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 2:42 am

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 5:48 am
Some nice skins here, I especially like what you've done with the skin creator Mark, I would love to get the config file off you!

I have looked at the skin creator, but it appears to be very cpu intensive..... also, is there any way to remove the black outline round each element, it spoils the design look IMHO.

I know I'm being fussy, but having got fantastic software, PC and controller, this is really all I need to make things perfect! I can see myself wasting many hours tryin to sort out my own skin (being me) which will not sit well with a full time job, two kids and a wife ;-)

Fruit: I'm using your VDJ8 skin at the moment.... VERY impressive/configurable! :-) For any normal person this skin would suit all needs, I highly recommend it!

I would like to think I could customise this skin to create the screenshot in my original post (just for my own purposes obviously), so I can strip off all the functions I do not want. I hope this is an acceptable endeavour, and will not cause upset. However, it may take some time!!

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 11:30 am

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 11:40 am
Another nice skin, very customisable. Being an older DJ though I have an affinity with analogue looking skins, I miss the "easy on the eye" rotary knobs and faders..

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 11:50 am
RobGmixes wrote :
and will not cause upset.

All of my works are free AND open source, you may modify it the way you like as long it's for personal use / redistribute for FREE. You may so even post your work in this site, that's not a matter ^^

Also, in deck menu and mixer menu, you may already show/hide almost any part of the skin. The results may not look as good as if you do it yourself thus.

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 11:54 am
Fruit, you are a legend in my house! Your work is top quality - I'm just an awkward **** ;-)

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 12:43 pm
Haha thank you ^^

You're just someone wanting to fit your needs, and it will surely help you : you know what you want !

Sorry but I have no time to do such a particular work, however I may be able to give some help here, in PM or even by mail.

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 4:37 pm
Fruit: Until I'm able to get my head round coding my own skin I will continue to use and customise yours; I am still hoping though that there is someone out there with enough time and expertise to make my dream skin a reality.

Does anyone know if there are plans to increase the graphical options in Skin Creator? Would be nice to be able to choose different colour panels of any number/resize elements without increasing outlines and borders/remover black borders on all elements/different style sets/export to skin feature.... I don't mean to sound so demanding, but I'm excited about the possibilities! :D

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 9:39 am
another skin

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 10:36 am
RobGmixes wrote :
Does anyone know if there are plans to increase the graphical options in Skin Creator? Would be nice to be able to choose different colour panels of any number/resize elements without increasing outlines and borders/remover black borders on all elements/different style sets/export to skin feature

I never used the skin creator tool, but imo one of its purposes is to :

- easily get and prepare a skin structure / scheme
- that you would then mod at your convenience by directly modifying the png file (and even also adjusting a bit its paired xml file)

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 5:03 pm
I need to investigate this some more... ;-)

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 7:44 am
Is there a "Skinning: getting you started" guide anywhere? I really need a basic work flow with some simple pointers to get the ball rolling :-) What is the basic structure of the xml file?

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 7:51 am

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 7:56 am
Rob, I've been getting into the skinning thing recently - and have successfully updated a whole VDJ 5 skin to work with 8, changed the colours of several skins, changed the resolution of one, updated another old skin for a forum member, and most recently helped another member make his skin yellow!

If you need any assistance, feel free to PM me. We can swap email addresses and go from there.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 8:05 am
I certainly will groovindj, thanks for the offer :-)
Thanks to jmf28 for the link as well....that is just what I was looking for! (feel a bit silly I didnt find it myself tho) Should keep me quiet for a while!

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 12:56 pm
My mind is blown.... skinning is AWESOME!!!! :D

Currently transforming my jpeg to a working skin; slow progress as the learning curve is steep, but things are looking good so far *big grin* !

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 5:50 pm
Good to ear ^^

Kind of... puzzling to me LOL

Keep up the good work !

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 5:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)