Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: First time using 8 live and had a very strange issue and had to go back to 7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been using 8 at home since it came out and the only problems I have had have been caused by my settings. So not version 8's fault.
So last night I thought I would use it at a gig. I was confident that if would be fine. And I have a backup laptop running 7 just in case.

My setup is a Denon mc6000 running as an external mixer. With a 3,1,2,4 setup.

The problem was this. I had a song playing on deck 2, playing out through channel 3 on the mc6000.
I selected my next song in the browser, then double tapped the mouse pad to load it to deck 1.
It loaded the track to deck 1, but the audio from deck 2 switched output from channel 3 to channel 2 on the mc6000.
And the crossfader stopped working, and would only output a signal when it was in its central positon.
I also lost headphone signal from which ever deck was playing through channel 3.

I tried shutting down 8 and restarting my laptop, but it still was not working correctly.

As a rule I don't double tap the mouse to load songs, I usually drag and drop them, or use the load deck button on the mc6000.

In my keyboard shortcuts I only have the arrow keys enabled to navigate, so I don't think that's the problem.

I'm sure it's something simple, but I couldn't work it out last night. I am going to set my kit up later today and see if I can get to the bottom of it, but in the meantime all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 4:11 am
What do you need help with Settings in VDJ 8 or how the denon MC6000 is setup.

I am running exactly the same as with MC6000 with no problems ?

If you let me know more, I'll try and help you

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 6:25 am
Re: the crossfade on the MC6000 make sure that you have both the audio and video lights activated on the MC6000 and your crossfade should work, depending on your settings in VDJ 8 (which could be your problem!)

Give me a shout back or PM me if you need a hand

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 6:29 am
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think it's a setup issue.

Like I said it's been running fine, with only a few hiccups when it was first released.

I just don't know why it would change the deck routing through the mc6000, when I double tapped the mouse pad.

I will post back a bit later when I have connected everything back together, to see if the issue is still there.
If I can't resolve it I will do a fresh install of version, 8.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 1:46 pm
Problem resolved. But I didn't find out what caused it.

Connected everything up and still had the same issue.
Also noticed that with a song playing on deck 1, all faders down on the mc6000, when I moved the crossfader to the right (towards deck 2) the virtual dj skin showed output from the mater out meter.

Anyway.
Done a fresh install of 8, and the issue was still there. Tried different configs but no solution.
Then.
Opened settings again, then in the controllers section opened the mapping for the mc6000.
3 options, Ignore, factory default, denon mc6000. The mapper was on factory default. clicked the mc6000 option, and now all appears to be working.

Not sure how this could have been changed while just playing songs and cuing up a track.

Anyway it's working now. Just another one of my issues that wasn't a bug just some settings that needed adjusting.

Just thought I would keep you all posted in case this has happened to anyone else.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 5:33 pm
that has been happening to me also,exactly.but just reselect the proper configuration.Also make sure you allow the updates as I was having lots of issues the last few days so I though of not letting the updaes install.the config got worse and finally vdj would not respond at all! so then I figured "it cant get worse so lets allow the updates.when I rebooted to my surprise everything fell into place and even the drivers issue gone! I has removed the "simple mapper" xml that seems to have no coding on them,but noticed that under config there was a map file missing called "midi Audio in" that is mapped by vdj8 as I set up the audio drivers config.never payd attention to that file but when I placed it back it all came back working again..whew! 3 days strugglin with this Lol..

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 6:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)