Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Database Management

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys I would be grateful for some advice on this please..

I am using an external drive to hold all my music that I use for gigging. If I want to edit files (tags, cue points etc) I always do this on the external drive so it remains up to date.

My main question is that when I put this external drive into my main pc and do a search on a track - multiple copies of the same track appear. I know this is because the same track is stored locally on my main pc Hard drive and on other locations that are networked to my system ( I like a lot of backups !!).

I have tried clicking on each 'drive' where my music is stored and the clicking 'remove from search db' but no matter what I do, I still get multiple copies of songs showing

Am I missing something obvious here or is there a better way to do this?

Many thanks

Paul

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 9:57 am
Maybe you should only add the external to your database if you don't want to see the backups etc. the only way they get in the db is to add them

Maybe they are in a fav folder that you've added

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 10:19 am
Thanks for the reply, I thought I had only added the external to the DB but will check on the fav's bit as that could be the issue ! thanks again

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 10:36 am
I don't know if you are using vdj 7
Or 8 but I am pretty sure just browsing a folder in 7 adds to the database not sure if 8 does this.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 10:44 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Check if the show m3u as files option is disabled, enabled it's a source of irremovable duplicates.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 1:41 pm
thanks Guys I'm using 8 - but the prob seems to have resolved itself - perhaps as there were so many files on the system it took time to refresh the DB

Thanks again though

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 5:04 pm
Hey Gang:

I am running VDJ-7 pro, on a windows 7 PC. and have used the data base utility check, clean, fix. It has wiped out all my work for the past years. It also wiped out my files from over 100,000 songs to less than 3.000 songs. Can someone outline the steps to recover my data. I am told that VDJ does not delete the files. I have limited experience on PC issues.

thanks darryl

Posted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 7:29 am
I am having a problem of multiple coppies of the same song some showing 16 or more copies I can not figure out how to fix this problem any help would be appreciated

Posted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 4:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)