Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Scripts you'd like to see - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Post the scripts you'd like to see here, or just the basic idea of the script. Atomix will never say thanks or even say they'll try making it, but maybe it might make it into a future build.

So one script that would be immensely useful
wait X (ms/seconds/beats beats would be the most useful)

eg
effect_active 'flanger' & wait 8b & effect_active 'flanger'
Turn it on and forget about it as it will turn itself off

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 9:49 am
I would like to try and get a script for the video crossfade;

Video_crossfade to delay when transitioning from Left to Right / Right to Left

i.e. SBDJ had one in VDJ 7 which kinda worked.

When mixing video's and you crossfade across either way, it would be great if you could Delay the video transition, So that it wouldn't transition right away.

0%<-|--------------------------------------------|->100%

0%<---|10%---------------------------90%|---->100%

First one shows standard video crossfade happens as soon as you touch the crossfader.

Second one approx 10% either way (Right to Left or Left to Right) when the video transition would actually happen;

So Left to Right......Video Transition would happen between 90% - 100%
Right to Left......Video Transition would happen between 10% - 0%

I am not sure if this could be done by a VDJ script or not ?

I know SBDJ done a plugin in VDJ 7 called AutoVideoTranistion which kind of done this but in VDJ 8 there might be a way to script the Auto Video in the options part with a script ?

Any help / advice how to go about doing this or if it can be done via a script ....?

Using a Denon MC6000 MK1

Thanks

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 5:55 pm
A way to copy any slider level to any other slider would be handy for better cloning and multitracking Fx,

Directly, to be easy for people yo get to grips with, ie something like this
deck 3 level 'deck 1 get level'%

And also indirectly via a variable (for more interesting stuff) like this
set '$d1lvl' '`deck 1 level' & deck 3 level '$d1lvl'%

I can sort of do this already but the script has 100 queries and is pretty unwieldy.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 7:42 pm
locodog wrote :

effect_active 'flanger' & wait 8b & effect_active 'flanger'
Turn it on and forget about it as it will turn itself off

You can sort of do that in the POI editor manually for each track. with out scripting.. or if you were dead set on something you manually control that you don't want to turn off, in theory, you could do the math and figure out the ms that 8 beats would take and make a script according to your most frequently used bpm's mine are 100ish and 128, 130, 132.

http://web.forret.com/tools/bpm_tempo.asp?bpm=128&beat=4&base=4 this website might help with the math :)

However, it would be awesome for Atomix to save us all the homework and give us a extremely useful scripting tool.

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 11:00 am
POI, whilst immensely powerful, aren't particularly useful on the fly (because what works as a one off won't work every time) I also thought about writing POI on the fly but the issue is, writing POI would leave traces that might not be useful the next time you play the track.
'wait' counter-acts this, (but from what I know of a couple of languages 'wait' ties up the system (unless you can multi-thread) if however they (atomix) could fathom temporary poi (until the track is unloaded or a button is pressed to clear these poi) that would be ideal.

The thing is with a home made/programmed controller I can approximate the same effect, so if I can do it then surely atomix can, because macro-ing controllers is (I'm sure) is the next leap forward, (once the system is simple enough for mass market)

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 3:39 pm
I tried fader stop today, would fader_pause be much more useful instead of jumping back to the start cue?

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 11:36 pm
Resurrected this thread as a new one came to mind

Like set_cue but instead "set_marker 'marker name'"

Posted Wed 16 Sep 15 @ 10:47 pm
Inspired by breaker wanting to perform the same action on all decks 3 ideas occurred to me

instead of
deck 1 (action) & deck 2 (action) etc

decks 1,2 (action)

2 (I may have wished before) to shorten multi query scripts.

A new operator to end the current script thread (like # or something rarely used) and start another thread all from one send command.

deck 1 play ? (action1) & deck 2 play ? (action1) : (action2) : (action2) & deck 2 play ? (action1) : (action2)
becomes
deck 1 play ? (action1) : (action2) # deck 2 play ? (action1) : (action2)

this one won't change much but will save lots of typing.

3 Script objects

script_define "objectName" (script) #
script_recall "objectName"

All a bit "programmer" but it would save a lot of typing and it may help raise the bar for those get the basics of script but get put off by the lengthy stuff.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 7:01 pm
Display on external Monitor of current Automix song info and upcoming songs
Professional dancers like to know:
1) What is currently playing;
2) What is coming up next,
3) Information about the songs.

Besides Title and Artist, dancers like to know genre, BPM, and other
information the DJ may deem important. The Option of displaying an
additional NOTES field would handle all of this ... example:

Currently Playing: Billie Jean - Michael Jackson - 118bpm - Contemporary West Coast Swing
Coming Up: Cool Cat {EXP mix} - 116bpm Foxtrot/West Coast Swing
Coming Up: Conga Jam - Dura [Dj Good Sho] 184bpm Salsa

... you get the idea.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 4:55 pm
A upgrades on clone,

clone EVERYTHING, FX EQ filter key etc
Can already be done with script so why not make it a verb. or a set of clone options (Include in clone; eq, level, key, filter, FX, dump, reverse etc)

One more thing a choice of clone from the slip head and not current playhead, (I like to loop drum) I know I can do this with loop_roll FX but what if I'm in a 8+ slipped loop and loopRoll FX drumming and want to bring the tune back and continue drumming, currently it can break the verse. (maybe full clone will make this unnecessary, the thought just sprang to mind)

Till next time.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 9:43 pm
We have get_browsed_key,

Could we have get_browsed_harmonic

Posted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 6:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You have get_browsed_song 'Fieldname' to get whatever field you need

Posted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 6:44 pm
Thanks, that I did not know.

Posted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 6:52 pm
When you press a button in the mapping window [key learn] if the button already has script on it it should check if there are any software shifts [or vars] and then highlight that part of the script

I.E.

Pressing pad 7-1 [novation launchpad2] while var '$mk2page' is true
=
var '$mk2page' 0 ? shift ? sampler_stop 49 : sampler_pad 49 : var '$mk2page' 1 ? deck left key_lock : var '$mk2page' 2 ? deck left key_lock : var '$mk2page' 3 ? deck left key_lock : var '$mk2page' 4 ? nothing : var '$mk2page' 5 ? nothing : nothing

Posted Thu 11 Aug 16 @ 9:24 pm
If possible could vdj count loop repeats and save it as a variable [automatically, resetting to 0 with loop off], I believe currently the only method is with a repeat start querying loop pos and given the set time of repeat start it leads to inconsistencies, what with bpms covering a wide range.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 16 @ 8:03 pm
set_browsed_file_rating would be great with a variable of 1 2 3 4 5 or 0 for the currently browsed file.

Bonus, allowing something like deck 1 set_file_rating (x) would be great as well for us with controllers :)

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 12:57 am
sleizure wrote :
something like deck 1 set_file_rating (x) would be great as well for us with controllers :)

possible now

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 1:04 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
locodog wrote :
deck 1 play ? (action1) : (action2) # deck 2 play ? (action1) : (action2)

Very interesting, I would also like a new sign to chain some multiple commands with conditions. I already encountered several limitations whith just using the '&' sign.

Query 1 ? Command 1 # Command 2 # Command 3

Would then perform all three chained actions. It would allow some much more complex scripts than right now.

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 3:34 pm
I use effect_disable_all lots,

I think it would be good if when the fx are killed their position in the chain and the fx name was remembered, and then the intenal workings of the effect_disable_all script is changed to

effect_active ? effect_disable_all : recall last effect chain

this shouldn't matter if it is a slotted fx or not [I regularly have 5 on the go]

Posted Wed 07 Sep 16 @ 5:33 pm
A tiny one, just seems like common sense

effect_active [slot] to query if the slot is occupied, if not effect_select [slot],

currently does nothing,

I don't think even the weirdest of mappings would be effected

Posted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 3:28 pm
14%