Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Version 8 Clipbank workaround?!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
We all know, Clipbank is not supported by v8 (and probably never will).

So I just had the idea of a simple workaround.
I'm not 100% sure IF it will work or could be done that way. That's why I opened these thread for a discussion.

So here's the idea:

If we would get a script action for the filetype (didn't find an existing one), we might be able to map something like this to the play/ hotCue buttons:

filetype 'audio' ? play & sampler 'myClipToShow' play : play

That's intended to be: If just an audio track is playing, start playing the track but aktivate a predefined video sampler too.
It's not as versatile as the clipbank plugin, but it's a workaround.

Things I don't know right now:

If a video sampler is being played, does it overlay the master video output? If thats the case the idea won't work.
If the video sampler is linked to the video_cf, that'll be great.

So, what do you think?

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 4:38 am
I hope something is figured out. I haven't moved to 8 yet because of that. The latest builds have been very stable when I practice and this is the last thing keeping me from making the plunge.

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 3:05 pm
Clipbank issue has been worked out!

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 9:32 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If you mean show logo, that is not the fix. If I'm wrong, feel free to shoot me in the foot! lol.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 9:43 am
tayla wrote :
If you mean show logo, that is not the fix. If I'm wrong, feel free to shoot me in the foot! lol.

I have to agree with this - biggest most serious flaw to date with VDJ 8 is the apparent disregard for what used to be the best VJ app (VDJ 7 ) for Video Jockeys which is driving people back to Traktor and Serato IMHO. While I am finding work arounds to keep me alive with VDJ 8 (which I really like otherwise), they are flawed and buggy to the point my shows are nowhere near as good as they could be had this underappreciated feature set been fully grasped by the VDJ 8 design team. Now the scramble is on to fix something that is obviously broke from the earlier V7 application. If it wasn't for the efforts of a very good fellow named Don (Creator of the yet to be refined TellyMedia App), I would be long gone by now. It is also perhaps fueling the migration to other options that are perhaps better. Please please fix the lack of clipbank instead of backdoor buggy fixes...

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 1:38 am
If you are a video DJ, I don't know why anyone would go back to Tractor. The last time I looked they did not do video. I use what's best for me, and am not concerned with what others use. I am 100% video, and have been using the video sampler for clips. This is not a work around, and has not stopped my creativity. I also use Telly products, but that just gives me more options.

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 3:12 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've mentioned this is other threads but the v8 slideshow plugin is also useful for some users (it can do videos) and in some ways better than clipbank.

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 7:47 am
It does not even give the option to choose videos. It only has a drop down for different photo file formats.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 12:42 am
This is correct, videos do not load in the slideshow feature. I will report in the bug forum, thank you.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 6:43 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The switch to activate video should be right next to the button to select the slideshow folder.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 7:40 am
It's there, but I still can't load a video from the select prompt. Is there a different procedure to load video?

Sorry, it does load but takes a while and when you pick a sub folder the window goes blank, and says "no items match your search" which lead me to believe there was nothing there.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 7:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)