Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: SBDJ StereoChannel - Page: 2
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Correct; stereo mix mixes the L and R channels and outputs that same audio on both outputs.

You can also just set your sound config to mono in options instead if you're wanting everything in mono, rather than just individual songs:

Posted Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 12:20 am
Gotcha. Cheers!

Posted Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 1:31 pm
Please explain the setup for 2 decks to output in mono with one sound card (left channel and right channel with same mono output signal).
No matter what I try in the audio settings, it changes to something else.

I want the most simple setup possible, yet VDJ will not allow it.

Internal sound card - output to speaker only - MASTER - channels 1 & 2 (mono) <--- doesn't work

Also setting master to channels 1 (mono) and 2 (mono)
Internal sound card - output to speaker only - MASTER - channel 1 (mono)
Internal sound card - output to speaker only - MASTER - channel 2 (mono) <--- doesn't work

The result is either mono on left channel only (nothing out of right side), or it auto-selects a different sound card setup.

A single internal sound card has 2 channels - left and right. I need to output ALL audio signals to both channels (right and left) in MONO.

How is this accomplished?

(VERY frustrating that this is so difficult to accomplish)

Posted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 2:49 pm
If you're doing all that by using the "splitter" setting then that's undoubtedly why you're having issues.

The whole idea of a splitter is to send the master output to one stereo side, and the cue signal to the other. It's not for configuring one single mono output.

Posted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 3:18 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
This outputs both decks in mono on both the left and right channels of my output device:

Tested and working fine, so if you're not getting that then it's likely something at a lower level is interfering. Worth making sure all enhancements are disabled on the output device in the operating system for example.

This isn't related to the plugin though, so you should probably start a topic in the relevant area if you haven't already :)

Posted Mon 31 Jul 17 @ 3:22 pm
osuarezPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Can you please confirm if StereoChannel is summing the signal from both channels and sending a mono signal to both channels?

Posted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 3:01 pm
osuarez wrote :
Can you please confirm if StereoChannel is summing the signal from both channels and sending a mono signal to both channels?

If you set it up correctly, then yes

This may help:

Posted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 4:25 pm
osuarezPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Thank you!

Posted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 8:02 pm