Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Gain and EQ help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I was wondering if you could give me some advice? I got a residency in a bar and I'm plugging into the house PA system. The sound is horrible.. really crackly and distorted. The levels were peaking at red on the main house mixer as well as on my controller (DDJ SX). I had the fader right up and the master gain up too. Despite peaking at red and being distorted, the volume of the music wasn't very loud at all? Hence why I had the volume and gains right up because it would have been ridiculously quiet otherwise. The bass also seemed to be the main noise and the vocals were barely audible so I turned the bass almost completely down on my mixer, which helped a little. But surely I shouldn't have to cut the bass out. I'm not sure what I can so to set the gain and EQs properly next time. Usually use my own speakers and never had any sound issues. I asked the manager about it and he said it's a finicky system and always sounds like that, but I'm sure there must be a way to fix it? Maybe if they turned their speakers up so I could turn the gain don't on the mixer and controller? I'm supposed to be playing their every week and don't feel comfortable putting out low quality sound. Thanks!

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 8:46 pm
Eventually you can Test this with Autogain= 0dB Auto in Config/Options in VDJ 7.4.1. Pro

Think the House PA and the Main House Mixer must be leveld on -3db or 0db maximum ,
so i make this on my own Mobile PA System and with my American Audio VMS2 and all other Mixers so.
The LED must be Green or maximal Orange +3dB by Mix,by my System
and I will not see the Red Leds in my Peakmeter.

But not know your Complete Equipment,every PA-System is Another Setting for a Working Good System.
Give not warranty for this ,that this works soo by your System.

I make all Gainslevel on 0dB

For VDJ 8 i have no idea,have not installed this.

greatings,Dirk

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 3:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)