Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Luma Key Effect...............

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok sometimes when Im spinning videos Ill switch to a blank deck and open my video crossfader with the LUMAKEY transition selected then Ill select MILKDROP. Any whos used this knows what happens and how cool it looks. Heres a picture,
Inside the yellow circle is Milkdrop playing from another deck.

Well could it be possible to select a video of my choice or even milkdrop and then be able to select how much comes through?? This way I wouldn't have to open my videocross fader or mess with another deck.

Hope that makes sense??

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 7:12 pm
Heres another picture of what Id like to do,

Her dress, hair andsome parts of the car have Milkdrop coming through.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 9:18 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It could be implemented on an effect-by-effect basis.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 7:36 am
Not sure Im following you Scott, can you explain please??

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 7:46 am
Well if you wanted Milkdrop to do that to the current output as an effect then Milkdrop could, for example, implement that function itself as an option.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 8:29 am
Ok I must be an idiot cause I don't understand.

Are you saying I can already do this?? Cause when I'm playing a video and turn Milkdrop on on the same deck it just takes over the video and Milkdrop is all that shows up..

What am I missing and don't say "a brain", lmmfao!!

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 10:39 am
I'm saying that if you wanted an effect to do this, it would have to be a modification to the effect itself.

So if you wanted Milkdrop to do this, the functionality would have to be built into Milkdrop to do it.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 11:19 am
Ok I understand now............... Well Im not even gonna ask cause Im sure you already know, lol!!

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 11:53 am
Beatbreaker thanks for starting this thread. Didn't know about these two effects together, until your post. Got to playing around with them, kinda figured it out, and the effect results are just really fun!! Throw it onto videocube and it's even better.:-)

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 5:51 am
Would love for this to happen as well............

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 11:39 pm
Bump...........

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 6:54 am
It's not something I've had time to do yet I'm afraid.

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 8:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)