Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: V8 & controller question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have 3 different controllers I use depending on where I am dj'ing, I have one (vci-300) that does something with V8 that the other 2 don't do an I cant figure out how to change it.

in V8 I have the settings for Pitch rest on load turned on. And it works when I load a new song the pitch goes back to zero, however, there is a shadow box around where the pitch was previously set and I cannot control the pitch with the pitch fader on the controller until I move the fader into the shadow box.

example..... if I have the pitch set at +5 then I load a new song V8 resets to zero but there is a shadow box @ +5, if I move the slider on my controller it has no effect on the pitch until I move it to the shadow box then it starts to work

My other controllers don't do this and I haven't been able to figure out how to stop this from occurring

J

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 9:52 am
turn on advanced setting and search controllerTakeOverModePitch

it has several different setting i am guessing u want it set to "instant"

if that doesn't do play around with it I'm sure u will get what u want

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 9:57 am
Thanks Wicked, i knew there had to be a setting i just couldn't figure out which one

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 3:52 pm
This is called soft-takeover and is actually a very useful and important function when the physical slider on your controller does not match the software position. This avoids a sudden position jump that can occur otherwise, which could result in a sudden and very noticeable change. Please see the following FAQ page for a more detailed explanation: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Soft%20Take-over%20or%20Non-MIDI%20Mixer.html

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 6:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)