Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mac OS X Yosemite - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

TorpasPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hello everyone!
Since Yosemite has started to roll out beta versions I'm curious about if VDJ will run (good) on it. Has anyone tested yet?

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 7:43 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I have since the first non-public builds of Yosemite. Runs great, however disable AppNap for the executable or for the entire system to avoid potential issues.

Running VDJ 8 betas on top of the beta OS in a club is fun. :-)

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 8:18 am
my VMS4 used to run flawlessly using 7 and 8 but since i tried Yosemite beta only deck 2 works and using the deck 1 volume slider,no sound from deck 1 no mater what

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 2:03 am
update, this Morning I hook up my VMS4 to My Mac book Pro and it Worked fine,Deck 1 and 2 Working with their respective volume sliders. kind of weird since yesterday only deck 2 worked with deck 1 volume slider

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 11:33 am
There's issues that were reported with one deck side working and the other not with certain builds and certain controllers. (They are not in any way related to Yosemite at all as these were reported for people using Mavericks and posted prior to the public beta being released.)

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 7:33 am
DJShrexPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have installed Yosemite beta today, This is the feedback i have given apple. I hope you can learn form it too:

I have used this mac book pro for four years for performing as a professional dj. When I installed maverick i could see it becoming slightly slower but that was not a issue as it was still useable. I have now updated and virtual DJ is slow to the point where it is completely unusable. The CPU usage it though the roof, the load times have a 10 second delay before starting, and opening the program takes up to 8 mins!!!! (yes i times it). This OS is defiantly NOT viable for professional DJs.

on a side note I think the GUI is beautiful and the updates to safari are positive.

Yes this makes yosemite impossible for me to use.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 1:54 pm
I'm testing Yosemite with VDJ8 for 2 days now, and I'm happy with it. For me it isn't slower and in the 2 days it stayed stable. If it doesn't crash the next days, I'll consider using it life next weekend.
Opening VDJ8 is only 1 second.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 2:32 pm
Agreed, performance has been great. Everything opens rather quick with no delays.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 11:06 pm
iTunes 12.0 does not allow iTunes library access. Has anyone else ran into this? It seems it does not use the iTunes library.xml file anymore. All new songs that were added via iTunes 12.0 do not load. File error. I deleted the XML file and iTunes did not regenerate the file!!!! So it looks as if iTunes 12.0 is not using the XML file anymore and makes this useless to me now.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 9:35 pm
iTunes 12 is very different. I have some developer information on it, however I'm under NDA for that, so I can't write about it here. (However, for VDJ8 to work with iTunes 12, it will need to be taught some new tricks since v12 and pre-12 are quite different.)

I would imagine that you won't see VDJ8 add support until iTunes 12 is final, since there are still some upcoming changes in future versions of 12 which would break functionality if VDJ8 supported it right now at the moment.

From what I understand, we are still about 6-8 weeks away from being RTM with Yosemite.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 8:13 am
The same here. I'm running iTunes 12.0.0.117 and VDJ 8 Pro on OS X Yosemite 10.10 (14A379b). All of my iTunes content shows as missing, however, I can still load the same tracks on decks and play them. Funny enough, when I select Reveal in Finder from the context menu, VDJ takes me to the correct file in the iTunes library. Another interesting observation is all the newly added songs are not searchable even though they appear in the Songs list in VDJ. I guess we can only wait for an update that will enable the compatibility of iTunes 12 with VDJ 8. Since it's just my personal thinking, please let me know if anyone has any confirmed info on this. Thanks!

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 2:41 pm
Hi Guys!, I'm testing Yosemite too and iTunes 12.0.0.140, VDJ8 is running, but I lost all my Cues and Bpm when I changed to VDJ with iTunes 12.0.0.140, the information of each song is incomplete, it shows me the just song names, not the artistm not the album and other information.
Do you know how can I fix this?
Traktor is working fine with iTunes 12.0.0.140 but my main program as DJ is VDJ8.

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 5:50 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
is there a 2nd folder that iTunes has and a folder that you have with your Music that VDJ was reading from ?

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 9:18 am
I just tested vdj 8 on OSX 10.10 and it worked flawlessly for the most part, there was one issue i ran into but it isnt appropriate to this thread.

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 2:33 am
I have the final bits of Yosemite and it works perfectly with VDJ7 and 8. (Final bits will be publicly available soon.)

Posted Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 8:56 am
dcomo wrote :
I have the final bits of Yosemite and it works perfectly with VDJ7 and 8. (Final bits will be publicly available soon.)

Are there any problems with it's integration with iTunes 12.0?

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 3:50 pm
brn2Bwld92 wrote :
dcomo wrote :

Are there any problems with it's integration with iTunes 12.0?

Yes. iTunes 12 automatically upgraded with OS X yosemite today. So, the iTunes playlist reads, but when you select a song, it gets an Error: file not found. Not sure how to fix this since the update was automatic. :(

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 5:56 pm
cnymikePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Other than the iTunes playlist issue, does Yosemite play well with Virtual DJ 7 & 8 overall? I'm still using 7 but want to swith to 8 soon.

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 7:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The latest build of VirtualDJ 8 (build 2003) should offer a fix for itunes 12.

For VirtualDJ 7, unfortunately, there will be no fix as the developing has stopped for this version. So whoever still needs version 7 to work and his music library is based on iTunes Playlists, he should re-consider upgrading to 10.10 (or iTunes 12)

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 4:58 am
VDJ8.0 Version 2003.833 MAC OS X 10.10 Itunes 12.0.1.26
Setup: 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon X-1600, Pio DDJ-SP1

New tracks from ITunes bought with the latest version: no problem; playlist works fine also
All works fine here, but I got problems to get changed tags from ITunes.
If I change e.g. comment in ITunes, there is no change in VDJ8.
If I change comment via tag-editor in VDJ8, the changes are took over in ITunes.
Reload/Rescan tags in VDJ8 does not change the tags.

Will there be a fix or are we forced to tag everything in VDJ8?
That's not so comfortable, so would be nice if there will be a fix.

Greets
Music234

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 5:51 am
57%