Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Jerky video in record mode on both VDJ 7&8 [Solved]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings to all,

I'm having a new problem with jerky video when I try to record in both 7&8 on my XP machine. It used to work fine. Video playback is perfect until I hit the record button. Then I get a jerky recording and playback.

I'm not sure when this started, but I think it's beyond using System Restore.

Should I be focusing on the Codecs? I've tried every one in my list. The one I'm running now (which was working) is Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V? (can't read the rest it's cut off) which shows up as mpg4 in the Codec listbox.

I don't know what changed to creat this problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 4:09 am
Stumped. I installed ffdShow. Ran it. Same problem.

Videos run fine. It's just when I try to record does it start the jerky motion.

My CPU is fine at 55%. I don't get it.

Please any GURU have any idea where I can go from here???

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 2:54 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What video card does your computer have?

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 2:59 am
It's a GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB. I am updating the driver again.

I tried the process before of downloading the latest driver from NVIDIA. And it screwed things up. I was lucky to restore.

I'm trying again right now. My System Info says I'm running Driver version: 6.14.11.6906

NVIDIA says their new driver is: 340.52 I've downloaded their app that suggests the latest update and this version was selected.

There seems to be a mismatch of the numbering. But I'll try again.

I just don't think that the video driver is the problem. Like I mentioned the video playback is perfect. It's just when I hit record the video gets choppy like it's skipping frames.

I've tried tweaking settings in the Registery Editor. But no fix.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 3:26 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
340.52 is the latest driver. Installed it myself yesterday.
The 6.xxx is probably off the windows settings. They always show different values.

If you update your driver it's a good idea to uninstall the old driver first. Completely and than reinstall.

Yesterday I tried to install the new update over the existing driver and the installation even failed at 98%, saying "the program is not responding. do you want to close...".

After a clean install everything is working fine again.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 3:30 am
Thank you. I'll follow your suggestion. Thanks for confirming this version is proper for my card. Yes I got the driver version number from "System Information".

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 3:40 am
GOT IT SMOOTH. I decided to blow the new driver in on top of the old one. I could have done the un-install if that didn't work.

Crossed fingers and the process worked. Where I was at Driver Version 6.14.11.6906 it is now 6.14.13.4052.

Recording is now smooth. I was WRONG. It was the old driver.

Thank you PachN for your assistance. I'm so glad the update worked this time.

And thanks SBDJ for starting your help process. You are indeed a GURU. I use your filter_SBDJ plug-in all the time.

Ohhhhhhh..... so relieved this is working good again.

But feeling a little silly for not updating the video driver first. Video 101.

Have a great week. And stay happy.

Jimmy

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 4:14 am
From my Tickets.
I apologize, my written English is not very good, so I translated my Spanish text with the Bing translator.
My computer for Virtual Dj
ASUS N53S laptop

Intel i5 2450M 2.1 GHz
4 Gb Ram
NVIDIA Gt 630M 2 gb dedicated ram.
Intel HD 3000
Hard drive 500 gb 5400
2 TB external hard drive 3.0usb
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Microsoft Security antivirus
K-Lite CodecPack
DivX 10
Virtual Dj 7 and Virtual Dj 8
Registry Tool 4
Screen TV by VGA connection

Hercules RMX2
Updated drivers for the Hercules RMX2

Set the operating system Windows 7 Pro 64 bit for best performance following Hercules RMX2 and Registry Tool for Nvidia manual.
Set up Virtual Dj 7 and Virtual Dj 8(ultima actualizacion 23/07/2014) to work with Nvidia 630 M 2 gb.
I have consulted several texts in the Forum and followed in their footsteps.

All the tests I've done have been made both with the Hercules RMX2 connected and disconnected from the laptop

The problem is that with Virtual Dj 8 Infinity I can burn perfectly in mp4.. video files without any interruption in the picture and good sound synchronization
But with Virtual Dj 7, there is no way, I have tried with all Codec Radius codecs, ffdshow, Divx, Xvid, microsoft video, with all the program did Crash, Restore/Shutdown ..... uninstalled and reinstalled the video codecs, changed the Registry Tool.

I've uninstalled the Virtual Dj's 7&8, I turned to install only Virtual Dj 7, and the problem persists.

They say that Virtual Dj 8 still isn't finished for and that gives problems with the updates... but my work me, in everything I want to do, so I am surprised much that on this new laptop for testing work me as it should the Virtual Dj 7, because in other bottom features portable video recording it can do without any problem.

If anyone of you have any answer to my problem, you appreciate their contribution.
Thank you all.

::::::::::
Fecha: Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 2:35 pm
Teamer: apopsis
Mensaje:
Hello.
The main difference is that VirtualDJ 8 has built is codec for video recording, while version 7 depends on codecs i8nstalled in your system that most of the times are unstable or need tweaking to find the codec settings that work. Most likely it is the windows codec that crash in VirtualDJ 7 (not VirtualDJ) and we can't do nothing about this. If VirtualDJ 8 does what you are looking for, just use it.

-----------------
Best Regards.
Virtualdj Support Team.

::::::::::::::::::
Thank you.

I have taken into account the problem of codecs and I have to reinstall k-Lite Codec Mega Pack, configuring it to use libacodec and Lav Nvidia Cuvid.

I've done the necessary tests and the result has been that I can record with XVId codec in several of its variants of quality, staying at the moment with XVID Home.. .but and here comes the funny thing or what brings me the head:.

If I record with the option of video with acceleration hardware and choose WINDOWS, the CPU just works, say a 20%.,esta settings don't permit me external connection via VGA or HDMI.

But if I put my video card NVIDIA GT630M, when I record the CPU is triggered i.e. it gets to 40% and goes up if I add a video effect and slows down the display of the video.

I cannot find her explanation, because it is assumed that if you enable the card works with your memory and CPU of the system should not work so much.

Well... little by little I'm achieving a better performance of the system configuration for Virtual Dj work at full capacity and there is no jumps of picture or sound problems.

It is clear that if the Virtual Dj 8 I burn without issue should rule out do so with Virtual Dj 7, but this is more an intellectual issue and a personal challenge, to understand more professionally how works the Virtual Dj program and the resolution of problems that I can find using other computer laptop or PC configurations to improve the setting in scene of my work as VDJ.

Since one of my goals is using Virtual Dj as a live video editor .

Sorry for having to translate from the Spanish with the Bing traslator

Thank you for your patience... and continue to the new challenge posed by Virtual Dj 8 Infinity

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 4:18 pm
Try what I did to clear my problem listed above. Re-load your video driver with the newest version available. Make sure you set a restore point.

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 10:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)