Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Some functions given in 8 skin SDK don't seem to work.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Now that the 8 skin SDK is (partially) available, I've been referring to it and trying certain things out.

For example it states that for visual elements, a 'factor' command can be used. Now this was previously removed.

It used to work fine in VDJ 5.1 for example, but in later versions it didn't work (and there are forum posts saying it had died).

I've just tried putting it back into some code where it originally existed (but was removed due to it not doing anything). It still doesn't do anything.

Also, the new skin SDK states that 'beat' can be used as a source for a visual element. I tried that too. Nothing!

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 7:49 am
Dodge57PRO InfinityMember since 2009
it's the same for the songpose :

Quote :
Special - in principle exactly the same as above but some additional options.
The syntax of the songpos element is <songpos deck="" orientation="" waveform="">

the option waveform="no" don't work

Quote :
It has all the properties and definitions of a <slider>, plus those:
<down x="" y=""> : Give the graphic to use for portions of the song not played yet, and without any volume
<volume x="" y=""> : Give the graphic to use for portions of the song not played yet, and with a maximum volume (the display will be a fade between down and volume)
<selected x="" y=""> : Give the graphic to use for portions of the song already played, and without any volume
<volumeselected x="" y=""> : Give the graphic to use for portions of the song already played, and with a maximum volume (the display will be a fade between selected and volumeselected)
<upselected x="" y=""> : Give the graphic to use for background of the played part

don't work work either
we obtain the V8 "monochrome" waveform and not the chosen colors

with the V7 :

the same script in the V8 :

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 8:55 am
the syntax is missing /> at the end of lines..
or check you have a </element> for every instance..

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 9:55 am
yes, I know that, the skin in my example is one that I created ;-)

look good if I missing characters the script would simply not work and I would not have had the opportunity to post the songpose I put in screen

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 11:42 am
I will like to know whether these will be corrected, or if it will stay like that ?
because if it is planned to correct all that, I already use the script for my skin ;-)

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 9:09 pm
<songpos orientation="horizontal" waveform="yes" colorPlayed="#3f5e7e" colorBass="#547ea8" colorMed="#78b4f0" colorHigh="#b5d6f7" >
<pos x="" y=""/>
<size width="" height=""/>
<cues>
<size width="" height=""/>
<pos x="" y=""/>
<up x="" y=""/>
<down x="" y=""/>
<over x="" y=""/>
</cues>
</songpos >

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 1:43 am
PS: Those colors will only affect songpos colors when the 'WaveformColor' setting is set to 'monochrome'
Otherwise it will take the colors of the setting (ultra-blue, infra-red, etc)

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 1:48 am
I know that PhantomDeejay, it's clearly specified in the wiki : "n.b. colorPlayed, colorBass, colorMed and colorHigh are only shown when coloredWaveforms is set to monochrome."

but he option waveform="no" don't work

and these sub-elements that are mentioned in the wiki SkinSDK8 don't work either :
SkinSDK8 wrote :
<down x="" y=""> : Give the graphic to use for portions of the song not played yet, and without any volume
<volume x="" y=""> : Give the graphic to use for portions of the song not played yet, and with a maximum volume (the display will be a fade between down and volume)
<selected x="" y=""> : Give the graphic to use for portions of the song already played, and without any volume
<volumeselected x="" y=""> : Give the graphic to use for portions of the song already played, and with a maximum volume (the display will be a fade between selected and volumeselected)
<upselected x="" y=""> : Give the graphic to use for background of the played part

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 6:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)