Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Laptop Screen dimming when loading tracks, Plugins etc !

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have downloaded VJ8 and a couple of new skins Blacksheep/Greysheep. WHen loading video/MP3 or plugins the screen dims making it difficult to see some parts of the graphics. It will sometime "freeze" audio is still playing however all functions do not work. I then have to exit VDJ8 then come back in again. This is real annoying ! I have checked Graphic card Updates (up to date) NIVIDA GT, Never had this problem in VDJ7 anybody have any ideas ? Thank you.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 5:21 am
You running build 1845 or 1855?

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 5:57 am
The latest up date came on last nite.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 7:13 am
build 1855?? (you can check this pressing config and looking on the window banner)
Ive reported this behavior in the regression bugs forum, but are you using milkdrop8 when this happens for you? try re-downloading milkdrop8, re-install, and see if it prompts you for any DirectX 9 updates too.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 7:16 am
Not got the 1855 update laptop been connected to the net most of day but no update has come yet (can i manually get this ?) , I have uninstalled milkbox effect and re - installed still no joy. the dimming happens when using other effects and loading of tracks etc. Thank you.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 6:04 am

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 6:10 am
I have a cunning plan.....

When this screen dimming occurs, can you take a screen grab?

A - it'd be useful to see what's happening, and to have a comparison between your normal screen image and the dimmed one.

B - it could be that the grabbed image is not dimmed but looks normal, narrowing down the possible causes.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 6:14 am
groovindj wrote :
I have a cunning plan.....

When this screen dimming occurs, can you take a screen grab?

A - it'd be useful to see what's happening, and to have a comparison between your normal screen image and the dimmed one.

B - it could be that the grabbed image is not dimmed but looks normal, narrowing down the possible causes.

if it happens again, i'll grab a video clip with camera phone..

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 6:49 am
marksmolinski wrote :
with camera phone..

A screen grab would be better, for the reasons mentioned.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 7:19 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you try setting skinFPS in options to 31 instead of 30?

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 10:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)