Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video - Wishes and new features - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Allow Music Videos to be shown when in Karaoke Mode; filler music to be Music Videos and for the video to be shown.
Most KDJs will have public screens (I have 1 screen for the singer and at least 1 for the public to see) and so playing Music Videos/Visualisations is a really nice feature for hosts.

The "Next up" screen appears to be the default view and most of us will want to use this to help singers know when they are up, but also we need control to show music videos easily as the filler music.

I'm new to the Karaoke feature (previously doing it by hand) so appols if this feature exists in some form.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 1:48 pm
In Tag Editor : Would it be possible to add a function key that would swap Title and Artist ?

Posted Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 12:16 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
When linking video to an audio track via drag and drop, VDJ automatically stretched a few of my videos. Some of the other videos cut right to the end because they are much shorter than the audio track. Could there be a setting or option added when dragging and dropping to change this behavior.

When opening in the editor, and adding a video, there are options. After deleting a bunch of drag and drops, I was able to recreate the video edits the way I wanted them to appear.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 4:40 am
Wish there was a way to scroll/search my folders with my phone. Would come in handy when you hear a song during the day and can't remember if you have it lol

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 11:33 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The database is just an xml you can access it with all sorts of tools like M$ excel, open office etc

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 11:48 pm
locodog wrote :
The database is just an xml you can access it with all sorts of tools like M$ excel, open office etc

Interesting. Thanks.

Posted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 1:20 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
jeffrey tedder wrote :
locodog wrote :

Interesting. Thanks.

You could also export your library as a playlist to Ask.the.dj here. Then you could search from any web browser.

Posted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 5:53 am
branchhPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Expose MP4 video attributes in browser oriented views like: frame height x width & data rate; expose video attributes for use in scripting, skins, etc.

I need to know what size/quality level the video is prior to loading into a deck

Thanks!

Posted Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 10:45 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
+1

I sometimes wish that something like this is possible.
So I could make a "HD videos" filter folder.

Posted Tue 06 Dec 16 @ 12:18 pm
EDIT: Sorry....wrong thread for my post :-)

Posted Thu 29 Dec 16 @ 4:30 pm
Hello,

I often do some mixes at home and record them. Now I am looking for a feature to "halt/pause" the whole virtualdj software (also recording). e.g. the phone or door bell rings while I am at mixing.

What do you think about such a feature?

Thanks,

Sam

Posted Thu 23 Mar 17 @ 6:41 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tayla wrote :
Hey guys, not sure if it should be in this section or not but will also post this in the sampler thread, how about a section for effects for our new found video bank, I don't mean transitions either, good old fx's making those videos dance on screen. Thanks

Jeez, I put that post up in May 2014, that's just short of three years guys and still no improvements, why don't you just admit you can't do anything with it and pay Don to add his plugin officially to the system, instead of letting these dead pool threads continue concerning anything with the video sampler.

The video sampler is dead on it's feet and has no chance of being revived, do the decent thing and shoot it.

Posted Thu 23 Mar 17 @ 10:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Paul, your post is totally unfair.
if we were not concerned about our users' requests, we wouldn't have created dedicated Forums for them to post their wishes.
In fact, we would be sitting back, stop developing since 8.0, eat pop-corn and enjoy. You are long enough a VDJ user to know that this is not the case though. We keep adding features, improve the software constantly and several new things that you have seen so far or see in the future, come from topics like this.

Posted Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 3:44 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The video sampler is most certainly not dead on its feet. In fact only the other day a couple of us were discussing some future changes for it :)

Posted Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 11:26 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Scott that would be great, but for nearly three years there has been little to no improvement to it, I'm not personally having a swipe at you guys, that would be wrong because I have no idea which direction you have been told to put your efforts into.

I honestly think Atomix should bring Dons plugin and compensate him a little for his own work efforts, integrate the plugin into the system and use that as a basis going forward, I think all parties should be happy with that arrangement and it would leave you guys to concentrate on whatever you have been doing.

And this suggestion comes from a guy who doesn't even use Dons plugin, but I can see it's benefit if brought into the fold officially.

Cheers.

Posted Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 10:15 am
REMIX DECKS

Posted Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 1:17 pm
tayla wrote :
I honestly think Atomix should bring Dons plugin and compensate him a little for his own work efforts, integrate the plugin into the system and use that as a basis going forward, I think all parties should be happy with that arrangement and it would leave you guys to concentrate on whatever you have been doing.

Thanks for the plug tayla, but there is no interest in that from me. Atomix is doing their own thing and I am doing mine.

Posted Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 3:12 pm
They should though at least fix the thumbnail disappearing when you go into the editor and make a change...

Posted Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 3:19 pm
blckjck wrote :
jeffrey tedder wrote :
locodog wrote :

Interesting. Thanks.

You could also export your library as a playlist to Ask.the.dj here. Then you could search from any web browser.

how exactly is that done. I have my karaoke database on my website for persons to search and i was looking for a way to pass their selection to the ask the dj website for submission

Posted Thu 30 Mar 17 @ 10:30 pm
Whatever is in your browser you can export to excel. Just have it showing karaoke only in the browser. Then click the dot bottom left hand side, export browser and save as an excel file. Then go to ask the dj and upload that file. Done :)

Posted Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 7:13 am
46%