Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 21

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

please add a scripting verb so we can map our own Ask The DJ visual indicators. something like get_askthedj_req and either return a true if there are requests in the folder, otherwise : false, or even better; return an integer based on the number of requests in the folder. Also a warning to prevent shutting down VDJ while uncollected tips exist in the folder. And if you want to cross off my whole list fix the automix function when used as background music for karaoke, so it actually crossfades the tracks rather than playing them end-to-end with a second of dead air between.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 19 @ 5:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For the automix function, you can use karaokeDualDeck, which will play karaoke on one deck, and automix including crossfading on the opposite deck.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 19 @ 6:12 am
2 requests:

- Please make the LockFolderOrder option mappable to a custom button (toggle on / off) or better even include it as a standard part of the browser with a lock icon on the left of the screen (i.e. where you can change font size etc.)

- please reintroduce swipe to the right from sidelist removes the track from sidelist (Like in version 7) or please make it an option. This greatly improves workflow for touchscreen users etc.

Thanks ;-)

Posted Tue 26 Mar 19 @ 6:09 pm
1 very important request:

Please, add a PLAYLIST SEARCH fonction.

(and also for filter folders, virtual folders..)
(I have it on my smartphone with CrossDJ and for me, it is an indispensable function)

Posted Thu 28 Mar 19 @ 11:03 am
Adion wrote :
For the automix function, you can use karaokeDualDeck, which will play karaoke on one deck, and automix including crossfading on the opposite deck.

Thanks Adion,

Been using this software at least 3 gigs a week for a couple years now, and just learned something new. lol. Another reason I love VDJ.

Posted Thu 28 Mar 19 @ 3:03 pm
Please can you make it so that all already played tracks (the complete Name of Track)are Mark colored red in the browserfield and not just only the icon(Audio/Video/Karaoke)

For a better Overview

Posted Tue 02 Apr 19 @ 4:33 pm
The problem with doing that (as pointed out to me by Atomix staff) is that some people may already have their tracks coloured red - maybe because they contain profanity. What happens then?

Posted Tue 02 Apr 19 @ 4:44 pm
Wish that the Musical Keys (Am) also colored like the Hamonic Keys(01a) .
That was wonderful.
Greetings Dani

Posted Wed 03 Apr 19 @ 8:16 am
groovindj wrote :
The problem with doing that (as pointed out to me by Atomix staff) is that some people may already have their tracks coloured red - maybe because they contain profanity. What happens then?

Ah,yes have Not think on this.

Eventually as Option in Settings with On/Off
with the colour code we will Use for them.

Neon Orange

Dark Shade of Cyan Blue
#212F3D
33, 47, 61

https://www.colorbook.io/hexcolors/view/212f3d
or another colour or so?

A Time Reset Count (24H) of this Played Tracks colour to the Backward Colour was Nice to.

Sorry for my Not so good English

Another Idea

Or gives a Script For this ?
Mark all Played Tracks in Colour #212F3D
Unmark all Played Tracks in Colour #212F3D

Posted Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 8:08 am

Posted Mon 08 Apr 19 @ 1:02 pm
SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
I would like to see auto-resize of columns such as "play count", which would never be more than 6 chars wide and "inSearchDB" which is never more than 3.

It wouldn't matter except that when I am working with these and i resize one, it makes the one next to it bigger, which is usually unnecessary because what I really want is "Filepath" or "Album" to be bigger.

Feature creep: This could be truly automatic and respond to the longest entry for a given field in a user's library.

Posted Sun 02 Jun 19 @ 6:46 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Would be fine to have the possibility to "detach" the second browsers from the main one in a way to have two or more independant browsers
actually the browsers are somehow linked to the same folder and most action in one view affect all open browsers and only view position can differ
i.e.: i An independant karaoke listview in gridview mode in an independant window will be affected by selecting sampler in the main browser
or while managing files no way to get a destination folder open in one browser while selecting files in source browser

Posted Mon 10 Jun 19 @ 1:11 pm
ViMarDJPRO InfinityMember since 2018
would be a great help to have an option to visualize the folders in the left side of the browser.
the folders should be replaced by small imges / coverarts

should work as follows:

rightclick on a folder, click on button "select coverart for order", choose picture.
for better visuabillity the image should enlarge, when hoovering with the corser over an folder. as an alternative the picture could be displayed above the cursor. Further an option to (de-)active this feature in settings.

my user-case is as follows:
i often search my history library (many gigs) for tracks i know i played at a certain wedding, but don't remember the name or date of that song or wedding.
folders with coverarts would speed up the search process very much. a picture of the weddig couple would be a great help to find the searched directory fast.

Posted Sun 21 Jul 19 @ 1:41 pm
DanniBX wrote :
would be a great help to have an option to visualize the folders in the left side of the browser.
the folders should be replaced by small imges / coverarts.

Maybe nice and by the way would ends the troll about uggly old and new icons...

Posted Mon 22 Jul 19 @ 1:53 pm
* Filter Scripting For Browser Search *

Something like this has been requested on here many times over the years, for at least ten years!

Rather than having to create a filter folder and use it to narrow down search results, it would be advantageous if we could do so from the browser search box, or script on custom buttons.

Example 1: I've just added some buttons that search for (e.g.) the artist of the highlighted track. The problem is that it merely adds the artist name to the search box, which then searches all selected fields - not just 'artist'. I want it to search just 'artist' for the artist. It's too inconvenient to manually deselect all the search fields before I search, to restrict it.

Example 2: I'm in my 'House' Virtual Folder, and I've just loaded a track to a deck. Now I want to find a compabitible track. I have to move out of my current folder to the 'Compatible Tracks' Filter Folder, which then shows compatible tracks from all genres. I want a compatible House track.

It would be very useful if we could use filter key words/methods on custom buttons.

It should be possible to apply filters directly in the search box - i.e. I want to search titles for the word 'Donkey'. Rather than just typing 'Donkey' and seeing results from every selected field, maybe use title:donkey or something to allow filtering.

It's more fluid than having to create a fixed filter folder for every conceivable search requirement.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 3:06 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Number 1 might be possible, you can toggle search fields with script, the issue is resetting but even then it might be possible with adjusting setting, but this is speculation

Number 2 your button could do this
search '`deck default get_harmonic` `get_loaded_song "genre"` `get_bpm & param_multiply 0.97`-`get_bpm & param_multiply 1.03`'

but yeah smarter smart filters that could get data from loaded track would be good.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 3:35 pm
I Would like to see a feature that, when we point the mouse over a song title, it would open a text box showing information from any field we choose from the Tag file. For example, I choose to show information from the Comments field of the Tag file. It would be very helpfull to have some particular information for some tracks. For example, we could write "This version is upbeat" or "don't use this version you got a better one last week" or "Good tracks to mix next...." or "This video has a poor Audio Quality" or "Dialog at 3:20". Anyway, some text to reminds/improve our performance. Something like happens here on the site when we point mouse over a treat subject.

With so many different versions from each song, sometimes I save this kind information on the tag file, but is no friendly had to open the tag editor to read it everytime I need the information. Of course, this new feature, we could turn on and off on the settings.

Posted Tue 13 Aug 19 @ 11:10 pm
Just open the comments field in the browser or have that side window open that shows all the tracks info??

Posted Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 12:13 am
I m not sure this has already been asked, but it would be super cool if any of the panel, could pop out and be placed other places on the screen? So you could take the default skin and move the modules around?? Just an idea? Be much easier then having to create a completely new skin.

Posted Tue 27 Aug 19 @ 3:38 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Tue 27 Aug 19 @ 3:46 am
52%