Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: If I own a 7 pro license to I have to purchase 8? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I didn't download the pre-release when I had a chance and now in my licenses it no longer gives me any option for version 8. Do I have to pay the full price to get version 8 pro?

from official answer wrote :
ANSWER:
No, if you have a vdj 7 pro full license, you get VirtualDJ 8 Pro Infinity for free.
Just go on the download page, download the installer (yes it's the same "installer" as the free version), install it, and when VirtualDJ starts, enter your login and password.
You don't need any keycode or anything with VirutalDJ 8. Everything just "works".
(you can go in the options->Licenses to check that you have the Infinity license displayed)

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:00 pm
ok so I found the upgrade option on the buy page which I didn't see before I posted but when I enter my license info the upgrade button is still greyed out and I can't click it

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:05 pm
Yea under my account I only see my 7 pro license information with download for that. When I go to the buy page under 8 infinate it says "already have" and I see the upgrade license below that even but can't click on the button since it is greyed out. I submitted a ticket to support

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:19 pm
Go to the home page, there is a download link there, to the right, at the top, with a big cloud, that says download virtualDJ 8.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:23 pm
That takes me to download.com so I'm assuming its the free version?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:26 pm
Don't assume, just download it, and follow instructions. It's all new now, so take a chance.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:30 pm
I downloaded and installed on a different pc (I have a gig tomorrow and don't want to risk updating until after) I do see where I can add my license key in the settings. I didn't add it to verify that my 7 key works though since I'm not sure if I can do it on 2 pc's or not. I guess I'll find out on Saturday after my gig when I plan to upgrade.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:46 pm
Yes, it can be on two PC's, and you can have 7 and 8 on the same PC.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:51 pm
Didn't realize I could have 7 and 8 on the same pc, I just have to choose custom install and choose an alternate folder I assume?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:53 pm
No, I would choose full install, and let it go to the folder it wants to, which I believe is c\my documents\virtualdj, or something to that effect. I believe you are being a little too cautious. So, it goes to the wrong place, it's not going to self destruct in 5 seconds. We are all in the same boat, and it's not the Titanic.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:27 pm
they both will share the same folders with updates and all (as in the milkdrop plugin's folders) its all good man, just that it is a new engine,you must be aware of this,and will probably need new mapping on your controllers...this one speaks a new language (martian,just kidding)....

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 12:57 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No serial numbers with 8, it is all tied to your account here.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 2:37 am
You can put a serial number in, but then it just asks you to log in anyway - so not quite sure why the option is even there?

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 5:41 am
Installed it today on my main machine after my gig last night. It did as I expected and remapped my controller, but I was able to just go into options and select the mappings I had with 7 and all went well. Just getting used to the a few things and settings I had set in 7 that I'm trying to set the same way, so far so good. Now just to wait for someone to create a cool skin I like, the old 7 one I used to use actually still works just looks a little odd

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 1:14 pm
so you can get vdj8 free
i do have v dj7 license and I'm experiencing problems opening it on my mac how do i get v dj 8

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 9:35 pm
Download it by selecting the Mac Version button, which can be found by clicking the DOWNLOAD link at the top of the site and selecting Download VirtualDJ 8.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:21 am
realisallicanb wrote :
so you can get vdj8 free
i do have v dj7 license and I'm experiencing problems opening it on my mac how do i get v dj 8

VIrtual DJ 8 requires OSX10.7 and above. So if you are running lower that this, this is why you have been experiencing problems.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:25 am
Does a cue or virtual vinyl licence qualify as pro? Some of the updates over the years have been titled using these two names as well as virtual dj. I have received the pre release (not in the usual update section) but have issues with my virtual vinyl and the use of any controller. I have received a reply saying Numark hasn't released the VV drivers.. waiting on that.... but I'm planning to buy a new controller and it would be a shame to be stuck with v7 seeing the new stuff. The only hope seems to be the reduced price which I was offered..if that's the only way fine but I need to know before spending. Thanks.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 6:10 pm
There is a significant discount available now for a limited time for Cue and VV users.

Your need to enter your serial number in the 'Launch Special Offer' box on this page

This is only available for a limited time.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 6:37 pm
Thanks. I'll do that as I can't wait to dive into v8. Hope Numark doesn't let me down with the drivers for VV. I guess they COULD make up for it by including time code control ability in the ns7 2(or higher) like the sz. One Love.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 2:10 am
87%